Which mike for mike input into keyboard

Reaction score
I'm looking for a mike to plug into the mike input of my Casio WK7500 for recording an acoustical instrument. Do you have any recommendations for mike less than $50. This - http://www.amazon.com/Audio-Technic...8&qid=1364524343&sr=1-24&keywords=microphones - seems to be as good as any. I'd rather not have a mike with an XLR plug on the end because I'd rather not have an adapter hanging off the keyboard. This is just for casual home use - mike located 2-3 feet from instrument. Thoughts?

Which mikes do you recommend with a 1/4"phone plug?

Reaction score
I exchanged my Shure PG48 it for a Shure SM57 instrument mike. I'm obviously now over my $50 limit including the transformer I had to get to convert this mike to high impedence. But I understand it needs close miking to sound best. More than a foot or two away it begins to sound tinny.

I would really prefer a condenser mike, but the manual for the 7500 says it only accepts dynamic mikes.

Condenser mikes are best for full frequency recording in a quiet room. A small ensemble can be recorded with one condenser mike, or an acoustic instrument can be recorded from several feet away and pick up some room ambiance while maintaining good frequency balance.

Is there any setup that enables a condenser mike to be used with the Casio 7500?

Ask a Question