White Noise that tails off particularly on pianos on Roland Juno DS

Reaction score
Hi I have just purchased a Juno DS and have been spending all day playing the instrument and browsing the various sounds. When i first switched it on I immediately played the Demo in slot one .When I stopped the sequencer I noticed a horrible crunchy 8 bit noise after the sequence had stopped ?- I put it down to an 8 bit amp effect maybe which was left as an artefact from the release of the bass drum but even still i didn't think it sounded very healthy- It was more like digital interference after stopping the sequence rather than the tail off from an effect .. After an hour or two I noticed on certain voices particularly the piano voices some white noise both on note on & note off but its more obvious on note off as the sound of the piano fades to tail off until all is quiet .... Basically some samples on this board seem overly 'noisey' with hiss even without effects. I just wanted to ask whether this is the normal behaviour for the DS ? Or whether it could be a fault . I would appreciate any help advice ,cheers .

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Check it out with a different amp and speakers and with good headphones. If it persists it's a manufacturing defect and you should return it for an exchange.

Gary ;)

Reaction score
Thanks Gary I have just done as you suggested and problem remains so I shall be returning it .. tiz a shame as I had high expectations for this board...

Ask a Question