Yamaha Keyboard PSRs910 Changing Voice

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I have a Yamaha Keyboard psrs910 that I purcased back in 2012. The keyboard worked fine until lately. About earlier this year, the keyboard started functioning weird. When I turn the keyboard on and start playing, the voices are being changed automatically without me pressing any button. Also, it happened about 3 or 4 times already that sometimes when I turn the keyboard on, the lights on the buttons are not turned on and therefore, not working. There is power, the keys are working, and I can only play the instrument as a piano whenever this occurs. Can some help with these problems?

Thank you all,

Dane William

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Possibly sticky buttons or a flaky rotary controller? Or perhaps more insidious power supply problems?

Does the unit have a built in power supply or is it connected to a wall wart or a power brick?

If the latter perhaps see if you can lay your hands on an identical unit and swap it out to see if it makes a difference?

If the problem is the buttons or the rotary controller try giving them a workout to see if any of them are sticking or bouncing?

If none of this works then you have pretty much exhausted the DIY diagnostic and repair capabilities of most people and you will probably have to seek out a professional repair.

Gary ;)

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
I don't know if it would help, but you can download the Service Manual at http://elektrotanya.com/?q=showresult&what=Yamaha PSR S910&kategoria=&kat2=all. After you click on the search results and it goes to the page that shows an image of the manual's cover, you must wait patiently for a minute or so until you see a small "Get Manual" link appear in the text below the image. Be sure to click on that link and only that link, as any "download" buttons you might see are advertisements for software and have nothing to do with the Service Manual.

Starting on page 60 of the Service Manual are instructions for a built-in test program that can be used to check out certain things. Again, I don't know if that would help, but it wouldn't hurt to try it. In any case, having the Service Manual might come in handy if you have any knowledge and ability needed to attempt maintenance yourself, or if you know anyone who could attempt it.

Reaction score
Thank you very much for the information folks. I will try your suggestions and we'll see if it works. Again, thank you very much SeaGtGruff & happyrat1.

Dane

Reaction score
Hi Guys my Psrs910 has been working great ,the only issue i have is the Variation 4 buttons in order to change need heavy pressing rubbing like squeezing down ,anybody has this issue and what is the solution?

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
The solution is to open it up and clean and repair the membrane contact switch in question.

They do sell repair kits for membrane switches.

Do a quick google and watch a few youtube videos on repairing membrane switches.

Gary ;)

Reaction score
Hi, I have a similar problem with my Yamaha Psrs900 changing voices automatically. Please Dane Williams, how did you get the problem solved?

Ask a Question