Yamhaha

Reaction score
Hey there
I am new to this forum.
I am using yamaha psr 3000. I try to transfer some mid file from my usb flash to my Yamaha psr 3000. The problem is as soon as plug it usb flash on USB port appear on the screen. Message Said unformatted usb flash please go to setting and format it. I formatted Then replug it agin same message comes on the screen. I confused any one could you help me with this please. Thanks in advance

Reaction score
Welcome.

Where did you format the usb flash drive?

It should be formatted in the Yamaha.

If you did format it in the Yamaha try using a different usb flash drive
I did format on Yamaha keyboard any way I will try different usb flash thank you very much

Reaction score
I did format on Yamaha keyboard any way I will try different usb flash thank you very much
Hey there I was try different type of usb flash comes on the screen same like previous message any chance to transfer mid file from my keyboard. Please help me guys

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
(1) If you want to find a USB flash drive that will work, I would recommend that you not use a USB 3.x drive. The manual specifically states on page 196 that the PSR-3000 can use a USB 1.1 or USB 2.0 drive, but that it reads and writes at USB 1.1 speeds. I'm guessing that if you use a USB 3.x drive, it won't be compatible. Stick with USB 2.x. Yamaha has a list of USB flash drives that are known to be compatible with the PSR-3000, but the list hasn't been updated in a few years:

(2) If you're just trying to transfer a MIDI song recording from the keyboard, an alternative to using a USB drive is to connect the keyboard to a computer. Then, if the recording is already formatted as an individual Standard MIDI File (as opposed to Yamaha's non-standard internal format), you can use the free Yamaha Musicsoft Downloader program to transfer the file from your keyboard's internal memory to your computer. If the recording hasn't been saved as a Standard MIDI File yet, it might be necessary to play the recording on the keyboard and record the MIDI output on your computer using a DAW.

Reaction score
Size may also be a problem, depending on your version of firmware, which you need to check. Early versions used FAT-12, then FAT-16 formatting, which could only handle USB Flash Drives up to 1 and 2 Gb, respectively. The latest (final) version of firmware is 1.8, which formats at FAT-32, and can handle USB Flash Drives and USB externally powered hard drives of just about any size. Firmware Version 1.7 can be updated from either a Smart Media Card or a USB Flash Drive, but versions prior to 1.7 MUST be updated from a Smart Media Card. So, if you have an early version, you will be looking for a 3 volt (NOT 5) Smart Media Card with Version1.8 firmware on it. Not an easy task these days. I had one that I loaned out, but it supposedly got lost in the return mailing. If you need one, perhaps someone over on the PSR Tutorial Forum could loan you one. You should still be able to purchase a blank one online and download the firmware from the Yamaha website:

https://usa.yamaha.com/support/updates/firm_psr-3000.html

but of course, if you have version 1.7, you only need download 1.8 and put it on a USB Flash Drive and update it from there.

To check the firmware version, look to the right of the display for 4 small buttons under the label MENU. press the second button from the left labeled FUNCTION. At the upper right corner of the display press the TAB buttons to tab over to the OWNER screen. Down the right side of the display PRESS AND HOLD the I ("eye") button next to the OWNER NAME label for about 5 seconds and a window with the firmware version will pop up. To leave this screen press the G OK button, then press the EXIT button twice to return to the home screen.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hey there
I am new to this forum.
I am using yamaha psr 3000. I try to transfer some mid file from my usb flash to my Yamaha psr 3000. The problem is as soon as plug it usb flash on USB port appear on the screen. Message Said unformatted usb flash please go to setting and format it. I formatted Then replug it agin same message comes on the screen. I confused any one could you help me with this please. Thanks in advance
Same as me i have psr3000 but i need to use the flash it keep sayn to format

Reaction score
Same as me i have psr1000 but i need to use the flash it keep saying to format.what should I do

Reaction score
I try to transfer files from Yamaha PSR 3000 to my USB flash drive of the size 32 GB but it's not reading the drive
Any way I have no idea to do what I want
Any one there can help me

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
Did you check your USB flash drive against the list of compatible flash drives? Those aren't the only ones that will work, but they are ones which have been verified to be compatible.

If you think your USB flash drive should be compatible but it still isn't working, it might not be formatted with a compatible file management system. There are various file management systems that drives can be formatted with, such as FAT16, FAT32, NTFS, etc. Each model of keyboard should be able to access USB drives formatted with specific file management systems, but won't be able to read ones that it isn't designed to support.

If you already have files saved to your USB drive, you might want to copy all of them to your computer, then insert your USB drive into the keyboard and reformat it, which should ensure that it will be formatted using a file management system that is compatible with the keyboard.

Reaction score
I try to transfer files from Yamaha PSR 3000 to my USB flash drive of the size 32 GB but it's not reading the drive
Any way I have no idea to do what I want
Any one there can help me
Please try to find USB Flash of about 4-8Gb, not more. And sure format it in PSR.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woogish

Latest Threads