casio ctk 810 IN sd card help!!!

Reaction score
ok so this model is a localized one. but no problem. its advanced when compared to few other keyboards of casio, so the sd card must let me learn the songs that i want at my will as the manual states.

what i did

1. formatted the card
2.took it to a pc and then with smf converter, i converted the midi files to casio format(cm2 or something).
3.then put these casio files in the musicdat folder created.
4. took it to keyboard,inserted it and i waited for it to read.
5. i can see the name of my song and when i press start button i can hear it, but the problem is that i can't see the notes that i should hit, i mean i can't use the lesson feature in this keyboard, but the manual says that it can be done and i've seen few others do as well. so please help.

i can hear everything in the song but i just want to learn it. so please help.
thanks

The Y_man

Reaction score
Hi Mate,

Unfortunately the note on Page E-51 of the manual says:

Voice Fingering Guide, On Screen indicators.... NOT supported for SMF files you buy or create....

:oops:

The Y-man

Reaction score
Hi Mate,

Voice Fingering Guide, On Screen indicators.... NOT supported for SMF files you buy or create....

The Y-man
oh i didn't see it. thanks for your help thought, but i still don't get it. why include sd card slot if such thing cannot be accomplished. i mean is it just for listening or what.

Reaction score
Hi Mate,

The Y-man
hey it says that Voice Fingering Guide, On Screen "fingering" indicators.... NOT supported for SMF files you buy or create....

but at least i should be able to see the notes(not just hear them) just like in synthesia game. any idea. i think that problem is with the number of channels the midi file has. what do you say?

The Y_man

Reaction score
I think it is just for listening/playing along with (at least it is on my CTK)

If I want to see the notes, I usually use a Midi file editor program on my PC.

The Y-man

Reaction score
ok so this model is a localized one. but no problem. its advanced when compared to few other keyboards of casio, so the sd card must let me learn the songs that i want at my will as the manual states.

what i did

1. formatted the card
2.took it to a pc and then with smf converter, i converted the midi files to casio format(cm2 or something).
3.then put these casio files in the musicdat folder created.
4. took it to keyboard,inserted it and i waited for it to read.
5. i can see the name of my song and when i press start button i can hear it, but the problem is that i can't see the notes that i should hit, i mean i can't use the lesson feature in this keyboard, but the manual says that it can be done and i've seen few others do as well. so please help.

i can hear everything in the song but i just want to learn it. so please help.
thanks

My keyboard is Casio CTK-810IN, I have done everything as you said, I formatted SDHC card and created the folder named 'musicdat'. But still when I insert card in to slot it shows format error. can you pls help...?

Reaction score
My keyboard is Casio CTK-810IN, I have done everything as you said, I formatted SDHC card and created the folder named 'musicdat'. But still when I insert card in to slot it shows format error. can you pls help...?

Did u try converting the midi files into smf format? and also are they (songs of yours) in midi format to begin with?

Ask a Question