Cheap MIDI Controller (25 or 49 key) w/ Expression Pedal Input

abl

Reaction score
I've noticed that most of the cheaper MIDI Controllers have a Sustain pedal input, but never one for Expression. How much do you have to spend before you start seeing them? Thanks.

Reaction score
Price an Arturia Keylab 49 in whatever Country you are in and that is about how much.

Note, not the Keylab Essential version.

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Monoprice actually makes a decent 49 key controller for a very low price.

I recently got rid of my Arturia Keylab Essential and replaced it with one of these. The Arturia was too dependent on DRM Software for my liking.

It has a real standalone MIDI OUT Port as well as two assignable switch pedal inputs. (No CC pedal though) It also has a surprisingly playable keyboard that doesn't feel cheap at all.

.https://www.manualslib.com/manual/1041875/Monoprice-606607.html#manual

See page 15 for info on the pedals.

Overall build quality is about as good as an M-Audio Oxygen or Arturia Keylab Essential.

Gary ;)

Reaction score
If the controller has a midi input then you can purchase one of these midi solutions boxes and it will allow you to use an expression pedal through MIDI, so don't let this be a barrier to purchasing the controller you want.

Link

Reaction score
Similar to what Dave said, you can use one of these to add pedals to any controller... note some models assume you're controlling something with USB (laptop, iPad), but they also have a model with 5-pin DIN if you're controlling other hardware.

Reaction score
I looked high and low for an expression pedal that could use usb. I finally found it! AND, it works GREAT!!
This is fantastic: https://beatbars.com/en/midi-expression-pedal.html
I'm very happy. I'm telling others about my find. I'm surprised with all the computer integration nowadays that there is only one manufacture of these that I could find. Way to fill in the gap! Well built!

Ask a Question