Looking for a midrange workstation

Reaction score
Hi all, I'm rather new to this forum.

But I would like to ask for your recommendation on a workstation below USD 1700. I've been looking, but I've only found a few in the Korg M50, Juno-G, Yahama MM-series and stuff.

I've been really interested in the M50 since I've read that it produces good sounds and has a longer keyboard range over the Juno. But the sampling on the Juno still holds me back on buying the M50. Is sampling really important? I'm not sure, I've never used a workstation. I've always been on just the usual pianos. Can I do sampling on my macbook pro instead?

Thanks in advance!

Reaction score
Hi. I think you need to do some more research and find out what you want out of a workstation. Do you need it to sample? Will you be connecting it to a computer? Are you going to use it for live band use or just as at home. Also it maybe an idea to look at second hand or ex demo models. I have just got a Fantom X6 shop demo for half the RRP because of the new G series being out. Here are a list of keyboards to check out.
1. Korg Triton. 2. Roland Fantom X. 3.Yamaha Motif ES. 4. Korg Karma.

Reaction score
Yes, I really like the Fantom X. Just that I'm here in Malaysia and don't think I would be able to find them in this region. I'm heading over to UK come this June, think I would find one there?

Ask a Question