M01 question

Reaction score
Our church has an old M01-W which sounds pretty good still when it works. About a month ago the combi voices wouldn't sound. So we just used the program voices. (We only really use it for Hammond sounds, some string/pad sounds, and brass occasionally). Yesterday all the voices said "Initial program" or something like that, and it said that the battery was low and to contact a factory repairman.

Question - does anyone know anything about changing the battery? Will this fix the combi issue -- is it worth the cost? How much would the cost be? Can you do it yourself, or does it have to go to a tech?

I would rather buy a new keyboard (but the church is low on the music budget right now). I have a Korg X5D that I love - killer B3 sounds, lightweight, etc. I played a Kord X50 today -- same killer sounds and some more features, but it cost $699. I know I could probably pick up a used X5D on ebay for around $200 -- but, since it is an older model -- would I be back to the battery issue again soon? Another option would be a used Triton LE for around $600. Or - should we just put out the $$ for the new X50??

Ask a Question