Yamaha PSR-540 220V to 110V - need help

Reaction score
Hi,

My gf bought a PSR-540 in Vietnam and brought it back to American but she doesn't have a power cord. I was about to buy her one off of the internet and then she told me that the keyboard has 220V input.

Can anyone post some links to what I need to buy? I think I need a regular 110V adapter to plug into the outlets here and then get some kind of converter? or would I need to get a 220 adapter to plug into the keyboard and then a converter to the wall? I really don't know.

Thanks!

Reaction score
If I remember well the input of a 540 is 12 volt DC (many keybards use that voltage and your manual will tell you) If that is the case you need a normal 110 volt AC to 12 volt DC adapter for the keyboard.
Like most laptops these days have adapters from 110 - 240 volt they work all over the world.
To make sure you can contact Yamaha in the place/state where you live and if you don't have a manual you can download one from
www.yamaha.co.jp/manual/english/index.php

Reaction score
im not sure about it.

Hi Lily,
Comments like this don't help much. If you have a question or know better and more about the subject than a constructive comment is welcome.
Most keyboards use 12 volt DC as an imput -period- and that's a fact.
What are you not sure about?
I know you are only 9 years old (that's what you wrote) but please don't just write comments for nothing.

Ask a Question