A word of warning about updating Windows 10.

Reaction score
It seems as though there is a problem with the latest update and Microsoft have urged users not to update.

Hence thought you folks who use Windows 10 need to be aware ( I don’t use Windows 10, my old Laptop is the last with a Windows Op System that I will ever buy ).

I heard last week that a friend updated Windows on their Laptop and they now have a very clean Laptop with no programmes and no files, OK the guy is not tech savvy but there moral of his dilema is manyfold:-

Do not allow auto updates

Research updates before actually updating

Backup everything using Paragon software (other non Microsoft created Backup Software is available) before updating or installing software

Have all your files, music, images etc copied on to a seperate portable USB hard drive at all times using software like FreeFileSync

Save up and buy a Mac.

I could go on, and on but the above is enough

Rayblewit

Love Music / Love Life
Reaction score
Thanks Col.
The first serious W10 update that they imposed on me (couple of years ago now) took out my emails. The lot, contacts, messages, even the program. My ISP couldn't even repair it for me. It took a tech to re install it. So now I am very wary.
But at the end of the day one does not have an option. It is either "upgrade and restart" or "upgrade and shutdown"
So maybe we are stuffed!
Ray

Ask a Question