Any Queen fans here?

Reaction score
I'm looking forward to seeing this :D

I saw in an interview that Rami Malek, who plays Mercury, had to watch Queen as they watched a recording of him singing their music. It was the first time he had met them, and it was also the first time that they had seen him singing as Mercury... Must have been so awkward!

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Looking forward to watching it next year on Netflix.

The cinema "experience" is not enjoyable for old farts like me :)

Gary ;)

Reaction score
I wonder what it would have been like with Sacha Baron Cohen? I think he was meant to be playing Mercury originally, but there was a falling out over something or other. I don't think I've ever seen him in a serious role, but I think he could have pulled it off. That being said Rami Malek is a great actor :) Anyone here seen Mr Robot?

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
I watched the first episode of Mr Robot but didn't get into it.

As for Cohen? To be honest I've never heard his singing voice. Sure he could have pulled off the look but I have serious doubts that he could have pulled off the vocals.

Gary ;)

Reaction score
I wonder what it would have been like with Sacha Baron Cohen? I think he was meant to be playing Mercury originally, but there was a falling out over something or other. I don't think I've ever seen him in a serious role, but I think he could have pulled it off. That being said Rami Malek is a great actor :) Anyone here seen Mr Robot?

I watched it until the Christian Slater character turned out to be a figment of his mental illness.

Gave up after that it was too much like coals to Newcastle as I have worked in the caring sector for people with learning difficulties.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
I can't wait for this! There is a rumour that it will be playing at TIFF this year. I might finally break down and go downtown just to see this. For those who don't know, TIFF is the Toronto International Film Festival. Normally I avoid it like the plague but I just might have to get my shots and go see this.

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Good luck getting tickets Jeremy. Most TIFF showings are sold out months in advance. Unless you happen to be one of the "beautiful people" :p

Gary ;)

Ask a Question