Are my style settings not working correctly?

Reaction score
In the video below I'm demoing the perceived problem: I've been away from the keyboard for 3 months, after 1 year of learning behind me. So I am trying to recreate my first song I learned which included using a style, with Intro.

So what I'm showing in the short video is what I expect to duplicate. I choose the recorded song which when I play it, it shows using a specific style playing the Intro. So I selected the style again (in order to not play the song, but just the style), and it is nothing close.

Hoping I can get some direction on what I'm doing wrong.

Reaction score
Is the light on the Simple button on?

If so you are getting a very simplified version of the Intro playing.

I am assuming there is only one Intro available with your DGX, if there are others then that maybe where the problem lays.

In a full blown Arranger there is usually a choice of 3 Intros, 4 Variations and 3 Endings plus fills etc.

Reaction score
This is a DGX-660, not the later one which I forget the number for. There is no simple button at all that I can see. The only light associated with style is a light with the word style by it. Only other lights anywhere on the keyboard are to the left of start/stop and to the right of start/stop. The one to the right of start/stop is song/audio and the one to the left is start/stop which flashes to the beat.

This keyboard does have only one intro, and for the melody there's an A and a B, and then there's one ending.

Reaction score
An update: I decided to test other styles, and it seems all styles are playing only the drums/cymbals, etc.

I tried doing a reset on the keyboard, made no difference.

Reaction score
It does sound as though the accompaniment volume has been muted but the crap manual does not show any means of doing this that I can see with a quick look through it. If you Menu dive you may see something. Image is from the manual, it is the bottom right paragraph that to me sort of describes what is happening. Can you give this a try and come back?

9F704887-41F1-40E9-B1C8-E50955060F41.png

Reset, furthest right white key held down then power on!

Is this what you used?

If so backup everything to usb inc your registrations.

Initialise the keyboard. Hold down furthest right white key and the furthest right three black keys whilst then turning on the power.

Reaction score
It sounds to me like you didn't play a chord when you started the Intro. If you don't play a chord all you get is the drums with no other instruments.

Tony

Ask a Question