Best 37 midi keyboard?

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
I just took some quick measurements.

Black keys are 1 cm wide.

White keys are 2 cm wide.

I find over time you adjust to mini keys and it only takes a few days to get used to them.

Like I said earlier. The Keystep is the best build quality of any controller I've seen so far excluding my PC3K8, Studiologic Sledge and Deepmind 6. All of those also use Fatar keybeds.

Gary ;)

Last edited:
Reaction score
I just took some quick measurements.

Black keys are 1 cm wide.

White keys are 2 cm wide.

I find over time you adjust to mini keys and it only takes a few days to get used to them.

Like I said earlier. The Keystep is the best build quality of any controller I've seen so far excluding my PC3K8, Studiologic Sledge and Deepmind 6. All of those also use Fatar keybeds.

Gary ;)
wow, thanks, that's quite reassuring. sad i can't try any of them out in person. now i'm really considering getting it.

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Rest assured you won't be disappointed and if by some remote chance you are, then simply order from someone with a no cost return policy like Amazon :)

Gary ;)

Reaction score
Rest assured you won't be disappointed and if by some remote chance you are, then simply order from someone with a no cost return policy like Amazon :)

Gary ;)
i've researched the options a little more, and found that the new komplete kontrol m32 costs the same as arturia keystep, also has 32 keys, is about the same size. keystep has a nice sequencer, and is very useful if you have some other midi devices to connect in to, but both of those things aren't very relevant for me. all the while m32 has touch panels for pitch and mod which is quite interesting for me, and it has some control keys for daws which is more relevant for me than a built in sequencer, i could see myself making use of that. also the bundled software is very attractive, compared to what's bundled with arturia. all in all, it just feels to me that i could get much more with m32 than with keystep for the same price.
i'm still in the process of making a decision. Initially, i wanted a compact keyboard with 3 octaves and semi-weighted key action for affordable price. Turned out, 32/37 keyboards are the rarest, same goes for semi-weighted, it's mostly on full-sized 88 keyboards. I liked the action on alesis v, but it had no 32/37 variants. And now someone said that they have issues with velocity, i looked info on that up and seems like it's true, i also found that there's downloadable software to adjust it but couldn't understand if the issue is fixable after all or not, if it's hardware-based or software-based. I thought about getting something with 49 keys, like that alesis v, or maybe komplete kontrol a49, but after thinking a little bit more, after all i'm not going to be comfortable with the size of something like those even though they'd fit on my table, i usually need more free space on it for some other stuff, i will also move the kyboard around a lot and it's easier if it's lightweight and small. I'll think a bit more on what to do in the end, but i have a feeling i'll end up bying the m32.

Ask a Question