Best midi-keboadrd for Cubase

Reaction score
Hi.
I want to buy a 61-keys midi-keyboard, and hve 2 main criterion:

1. Good drivers for Cubase (software to change settings of controllers). I used some time ago M-Audio Axiom 25 mk1, and there was troubles to tune controllers (transport panel for example) for Cubase. So now i'm not sure about Axiom 61 mk1\mk2 - is it okay now? I heard about DirectLink software - is it work good with mk1 versions?

2. Quality of keys. Semi-weighted keys, and its doesnt metter about pads and controllers.

So what you can recomend to me?

And sorry for my english :)

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
I have an M-Audio Axiom 61-II, but I haven't tried using it with Cubase yet (I have Cubase Elements 8, if that matters). I don't see any M-Audio products listed in the "MIDI Device Manager" window, but that doesn't mean anything (my Yamaha PSR-E keyboards aren't listed, either, and they work fine).

Personally, if I were looking for a new MIDI keyboard controller right now, I'd be tempted to get a Novation Launchkey 49 or 61, but they don't fit your criteria regarding the type of keys. The Novation Impulse 49 or 61 cost a little more, but they have semi-weighted keys and aftertouch, so they are probably more up your alley. :)

Reaction score
Thanx for your answer.
I also use Cubase Elemets 7.
Yesterday try again connect my Axiom 25 to Cubase.. ufff) I cant understand, why drivers from offical web-site dont work on Cubase (not listed in device manager I mean) ? I found few XML files for my device, but they also dont work correct. Other midi-keybiards even have software for maping, but not M-Audio. Of course, I can do it manualy, but its not cool.

Sooo, does anybody use Novation Impulse 61 with Cubase? Is it easier to tune it?) What about other keyboards? As i understand, all semi-weighted keys has approx. the same quality? Difference just in pads, controllers and soft?

Ask a Question