Can someone help me with this song?

Reaction score
Okay I give. Certain guitar songs have always fooled me for some reason when trying to play on piano or keyboard. Although I'm a bit burnt out on a lot of famous southern rock songs, anytime I hear this one I remember how nice this guitar is. Unfortunately, I've never been able to figure it out for some reason. I think I have the initial chord/sound down but that's it and I get lost at C right away and it sounds too high (Em-C-D). I could also never find a midi for it. I'm sort of embarrassed to ask but does anyone know the right notes? BTW, I'm actually a german car fan for that matter :) but this youtube is the only original that I know of.

Last edited:
Reaction score
http://en.midimelody.ru/blackfoot/

It's one of the three songs listed. Not that I know how good an arrangement it is. Also, since the site is in Russia, there's a bit of paranoia as to what is in the file. But that may be me responding to media and not any real concerns.
Awesome! Thank you very much! Yes, I'm not sure yet either. Usually they sound pretty bad til they are worked on but most of the time they really do have the right notes. I bet I can work with it but I'll have to wait til my hearing is better. I go through bouts with menieres disease and I'm in one now.
I've never had a problem from a file download that is ".mid"

Reaction score
I use this site for guitar songs (when I was playing guitar that is), but it could be a great starting point:

https://tabs.ultimate-guitar.com/b/blackfoot/highway_song_acoustic_crd_1167162id_10072012date.htm

Also I would recommend getting Tux Guitar (http://tuxguitar.herac.com.ar/). It is a free guitar tabs program that can read the .gp* file format for Guitar Pro.

There are loads of tabs on the ultimate guitar site that are for Guitar Pro and this program will save you from having to shell out your hard earned. If you haven't used a program like this one, it splits the tracks into individual instruments, depending on how thorough the person who transcribed it was anyway!

Reaction score
I use this site for guitar songs (when I was playing guitar that is), but it could be a great starting point:

https://tabs.ultimate-guitar.com/b/blackfoot/highway_song_acoustic_crd_1167162id_10072012date.htm

Also I would recommend getting Tux Guitar (http://tuxguitar.herac.com.ar/). It is a free guitar tabs program that can read the .gp* file format for Guitar Pro.

There are loads of tabs on the ultimate guitar site that are for Guitar Pro and this program will save you from having to shell out your hard earned. If you haven't used a program like this one, it splits the tracks into individual instruments, depending on how thorough the person who transcribed it was anyway!
Thank You, yes I had ran across that first site before I started the thread and it did confirm I had the chords right but there was a way I was playing them that just didn't sound right. I think once I can hear again well enough to play I might finally get it with that Russian midi Fred found. I do think now more so that it does have the right notes. I couldn't get that midi to sound decent yet in GM-1 MS synth but then what midi does sound decent in that. It might sound good on 12 string or another guitar in GM-2 and thru my actual synth. Actually my hearing is so bad at the moment the original CD I posted sounds horrible so I can't do much right now.
On tuxguitar, strangely just yesterday as I was manually searching my PC for something and saw a Tux folder with a file "tuxguitar.ini" in it from July this year. I must have tried to download it before. The screen shot showing the sheet music whether that's midi or not looks promising. However, it still would not download. I saw the window flash and a new window said thanks for the download but a file search shows nothing anywhere except that same file from July and it didn't show any download prompts. I'll check further for problems and tuxguitar does look like something I might want to check out.

Reaction score
I did get tux guitar to download and install. It was just a matter of clicking the right button on the site. It does appear to be a midi editor using the sheet editor/ composer like I'm used to. There is one thing different I like already. It actually shows the piano notes being played per highlighted track. I can't really read music, I just decipher it if I have to and it's a pain. So that part will be nice for faster learning of a song I can't figure out. On the song I mentioned trying to learn here and the midi I imported to it, I see it appears even higher than I thought was too high to begin with but I'll see when I can hear better. I'm also looking for synthesizer choices and input output settings which I'll probably find eventually if they are there. I just started checking it out. Looks interesting, Thank you Marten !

Reaction score
I did get tux guitar to download and install. It was just a matter of clicking the right button on the site. It does appear to be a midi editor using the sheet editor/ composer like I'm used to. There is one thing different I like already. It actually shows the piano notes being played per highlighted track. I can't really read music, I just decipher it if I have to and it's a pain. So that part will be nice for faster learning of a song I can't figure out. On the song I mentioned trying to learn here and the midi I imported to it, I see it appears even higher than I thought was too high to begin with but I'll see when I can hear better. I'm also looking for synthesizer choices and input output settings which I'll probably find eventually if they are there. I just started checking it out. Looks interesting, Thank you Marten !
I'm glad to hear it's now installed and working for you. I do hope you find the things you are looking for, but if not, I'd suggest going onto the forums and adding them as a suggestion the there. As it's open source someone just might get it sorted for you.

Ask a Question