CASIO CTX 5000

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
I'm looking at the User's Guide right now, and on page EN-119 it has a table listing the file types and extensions used for the various types of data:

"TON" = User Tones
"AC7," "CKF," and "Z00" = User Rhythms
"MRF" and "MID" (Save only) = User Recording
"RBK" = Registration (Bank unit)
"PHS" = User Phrases (Phrase set unit)
"DAL" = All the above data

Note that "(Save only)" refers to just the "MID" file type, not the "MRF" file type.

EDIT: You can download the User's Guide, Appendices, and MIDI Implementation from here:

https://support.casio.com/en/manual/manualfile.php?cid=008007006

EDIT: CORRECTION: I was looking at the "1A" version of the User's Guide, which has since been replaced by version "1B." In the newest version the table is on page EN-121.

I see that Casio also now has the documents for the three Indian models available for download (CT-X870IN, CT-X8000IN, and CT-X9000IN).

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hi guys

Does anyone now what rhythm is used by CTX 5000?

Or even better - Will Ckf or AC.7 ( I use on WK 7500) be working on CTX 5000?
I have a CTX5000. It's more complete than the CTX3000 beacusa it has more conections much more sound volume, up to 30 watts, and can recieve the double of edited sounds (100)for the melody part, and also the double of user styles(100). I recomend this one.
Talking about styles , the bes ones are the AC7, because they have intro and ending, and also 4 parts. This keyboard can also recieve CKF styles, but , as thay say, that styles have only two variations. So, we may choose, and put the styles we like most.
This keyboard lives of programing. Not difficult: we put a styles, some effect, check the split, the tempo, and the volume level of each part, and we save on a registration. Then, for the second registration, we start with that one, because most of the work is done, like the revernb, the difference of level betwen the two hands, and we only have to change the tempo, the style and the melody sounds. (it has layers). Then we save on another different registratios. And this is the best way to use this keyboard.
For playing alive, we have the miraculous buton caled Freeze. It makes the style to continue the same, while we change sounds, surfing on the registrations we made, because our best choices are there.
Meanwhile, check the manual, and you will see there the conections on the back of the panel. I think you will like this keyboard. And there are thousands of free styles on internet. I have a lot. Take some time, and you will find lots of them, for free, on AC7 format.

Reaction score
I have a CTX5000. It's more complete than the CTX3000 beacusa it has more conections much more sound volume, up to 30 watts, and can recieve the double of edited sounds (100)for the melody part, and also the double of user styles(100). I recomend this one.
Talking about styles , the bes ones are the AC7, because they have intro and ending, and also 4 parts. This keyboard can also recieve CKF styles, but , as thay say, that styles have only two variations. So, we may choose, and put the styles we like most.
This keyboard lives of programing. Not difficult: we put a styles, some effect, check the split, the tempo, and the volume level of each part, and we save on a registration. Then, for the second registration, we start with that one, because most of the work is done, like the revernb, the difference of level betwen the two hands, and we only have to change the tempo, the style and the melody sounds. (it has layers). Then we save on another different registratios. And this is the best way to use this keyboard.
For playing alive, we have the miraculous buton caled Freeze. It makes the style to continue the same, while we change sounds, surfing on the registrations we made, because our best choices are there.
Meanwhile, check the manual, and you will see there the conections on the back of the panel. I think you will like this keyboard. And there are thousands of free styles on internet. I have a lot. Take some time, and you will find lots of them, for free, on AC7 format.
Hi Domingos - this was very useful. Can you share some links with Casio styles? AC7 or CKF?

Reaction score
Hi Domingos - this was very useful. Can you share some links with Casio styles? AC7 or CKF?
I can't publish them here, because they weren't made by me. I have to respect the authoring. But, for personal use, I can send the styles for you by e-mail. For free. Or send me the link of your facebook and it will be easier to send as zip folders.

Ask a Question