help repairing a Casio casiotone MT-70

Reaction score
I have a Casio Casiotone MT-70 that is not functioning. when it is switched on there is a hum from the speaker and nothing else. any help diagnosing the problem would be greatly appreciated, even where to find circuit diagrams and manuals would be very helpful. thank you!

A

Advertising

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
I owned one of those 30 years ago. It was my very first electronic 'piano' :)

Mine fried after the power supply shorted out. It was a sickness with those units.

Back then it was bricked and I tossed it but nowadays I'd be willing to take a shot at fixing it.

Anyway, first off it will depend on your skill level and the tools available to you.

Step#1 >>> Take a multimeter and check if the power supply is delivering the rated voltage.

Step#2 >>> Check the internals and see if power is reaching the internal chips.

Step#3 >>> depends on what you find with steps 1 & 2

Step#4 >>> try the same tests operating with batteries instead of wall wart.

Gary ;)

A

Advertising

Reaction score
I owned one of those 30 years ago. It was my very first electronic 'piano' :)

Mine fried after the power supply shorted out. It was a sickness with those units.

Back then it was bricked and I tossed it but nowadays I'd be willing to take a shot at fixing it.

Anyway, first off it will depend on your skill level and the tools available to you.

Step#1 >>> Take a multimeter and check if the power supply is delivering the rated voltage.

Step#2 >>> Check the internals and see if power is reaching the internal chips.

Step#3 >>> depends on what you find with steps 1 & 2

Step#4 >>> try the same tests operating with batteries instead of wall wart.

Gary ;)
thanks! after testing it with some batteries it started working, I was not using the original power supply and that seemed to be the problem, the wall power connector output is reversed compared to other ones.

A

Advertising

Ask a Question