Drone Tours Of Your Homeland

Reaction score
Good quality drone video within the UK is very limited.

If anyone posts an illicit drone video then there may well be the Police knocking on their door.

It is illegal in the UK to operate any powered flying device or aircraft without specific permission if said flight is within a built up area and even if permission is granted there will be a maximum height that the drone can operate and then it must be a specific distance from any person when it is flying.

Becky did well to find the Pro video of Manchester as it is all restricted airspace as is my home City which is even worst as I live under a Military Traffic Zone.

I did find one for the seaside town where I was born but the idiot who shot the video started off within close proximity of a Nuclear Power Station which again has a three mile flying exclusion zone around it so I thought it better not to post.

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
BTW, Congrats to the UK in the World Cup match against Columbia today. I was in my barber shop and my barber is Columbian and his whole family was in there watching the game.

Nobody was getting a haircut while they were watching.

They invited me to sit and watch and I came in on the game tied 1 to 1 and into 120 minutes of overtime.

Just to make things interesting I bet him double or nothing for my haircut on the outcome of the game.

Long story short, England won 4 to 3 on a penalty shootout and my haircut was free!!!

It was a good day for me and I take back all the nasty stuff I've said about the queen over the past 50 years :D :D :D

EDIT >>> Biggles... BTW, we have similar laws about drones in Canada with a 20 km exclusion zone around airports. There are two major airports in Toronto one of which is directly on Toronto Island. I can guarantee that those videos were shot illegally in the city but I'm really not all that worried. If anyone, it's the author who is liable for any prosecution and not the people who post the videos.

Gary ;)

Last edited:
Reaction score
Long story short, England won 4 to 3 on a penalty shootout and my haircut was free!!!

I watched it too! Glad we won, Columbia played very dirty. Now on to Sweden on Saturday... :)

Glad to hear you got a free haircut out of it! :D

Reaction score
I'm told that England has never beaten Sweden in the World Cup.

A good opportunity to make history.

England won against Sweden in Euro 2012, but I agree history is mostly in their favour. We've never won against them in a World Cup match, but to be fair neither have they - each time the match resulted in a draw. So it should be an interesting match on Saturday! :)

Ask a Question