Drone Tours Of Your Homeland

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
I've been on a new kick of checking out drone tours of different places.

Here's a couple from my home province of Ontario.

Feel free to post yours.

EDIT >>> All of the water in these videos is fresh water. We are a thousand miles away from the Atlantic and 2500 miles away from the Pacific Oceans.

(Canada has 20% of the world's fresh water)

Enjoy :)

Gary ;)

Last edited:

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Nice beaches Paul. Adelaide looks like a fair sized town.

The one thing I wish is that Toronto was closer to the coast so I'd have a better selection of fresh seafood.

I'm quite partial to good shellfish :)

Here's hoping others will post drone tours of their home towns as well.

Gary ;)

Reaction score
Nice beaches Paul. Adelaide looks like a fair sized town.
Thanks Gary, yes Adelaide is very pretty.

It's a town of about one million people, I describe it as a capital city with a country town feel to it. It's big enough that it has everything one needs in regard to infrastructure, but it's small enough that the majority of the population live no more than 20 minutes from the water.

I enjoyed your videos of Ontario and Toronto too - spectacular scenery! I've never visited, but clearly a beautiful part of the world.

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
We Canadians take a fierce pride in our country. Living in the Americans' shadows for the past few centuries has left us with a chip on our shoulders when it comes to yanks who dismiss us as lumberjacks and syrup tappers :p

Now with the trade war looming the rhetoric has grown even more heated.

Frankly it's nice to be able to show the world just a tiny bit of the amazing story which is Canadian civilization and beauty particularly today, on Canada's 151st birthday. :)

Gary ;)

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
A beautiful city Becky. Some impressive architecture indeed.

Which river is Manchester located on?

EDIT >>> Never mind. Googled it. River Mersey...

Gary ;)

Last edited:
Reaction score
Thanks Becky a great video.

Whilst I am not Mancunian my Wife is, but I have 13 years out of my working life actually working there.

Home to 500,000 people its closely surrounded by many other Towns and Cities and so there is no distinct boundary.

As Becky states its got everything, the main water course is the River Irwell, the innovative Bridgewater Canal, the Manchester Ship Canal which brought the cotton from the USA directly to the Mills of Manchester, the worlds first Railway Station proper, 5 world class theatres/venues and Museums galore.

The office I used to work out of is even shown in the video as is the Library where my Wife used to work, its the circular building in the City Centre.

Anyway, enough of my Manchester promo.

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Wow Ray. I had no idea Melbourne was such a happening town. How many people live there? It's a pretty impressive skyline.

Gary ;)

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
About the same size as Toronto then. Toronto is about 5 Million total. About 1/3 of Canada's total population of 34 Million lives in southern Ontario within a 100 mile radius of Toronto.

Vancouver and Calgary are about a million each and Montreal is another 3 million on it's own.

Gary ;)

Rayblewit

Love Music / Love Life
Reaction score
Melbourne will become Australia's largest city by 2050

I will be dead then.:eek:

Btw. Paul I have been to Adelaide a few times and as you described it . . country town living in a city.

Loved the drone flyover . . Brought back some memories for me. The SA vineyards and beaches are world class.
Ray

Reaction score
Paul I have been to Adelaide a few times and as you described it . . country town living in a city.
I'm very lucky Ray in that I travel all over our amazing country on a regular basis, and have done for years. I love every part of it, it's such a diverse place and each city and town I've visited has a unique character.

Conversely, my overseas travel experience is a bit limited compared to most Aussies, something I'm intending to address a bit later in life.

In the meantime, I'm enjoying all these cool drone videos - great idea Gary!

Rayblewit

Love Music / Love Life
Reaction score
In the meantime, I'm enjoying all these cool drone videos - great idea Gary
Yes indeed! They are all special.
The "stand out" one so far for me is the Niagara Falls . . Just amazingly spectacular vision. Never seen it like that. The photography is truly awesome.
Ray

Reaction score
Nice to see a bit of Melbourne @Rayblewit! Our friends lived there for a bit, and just as we were thinking about visiting them they moved back to the UK. How rude! It's like they didn't even think about our holiday plans ;)

Rayblewit

Love Music / Love Life
Reaction score
. How rude! It's like they didn't even think about our holiday plans ;)
Yes selfish! Some people are inconsiderate:eek:
I read somewhere that the Melbourne street landscape is a lot like Manchester. Both cities having a river of significance. Yours the Mersey and ours is the Yarra.
The drone vids kind of confirm the likeness of the two cities in my mind.
Ray

Ask a Question