DS - 61

Reaction score
Ahhh, but my ironing board keyboard stand is adjustable up and down. ROTFLMAO.....
Gents, only set it there for a heehaw.. when using it's on my kitchen counter peninsula/bar with a stool. When away on a closet steel rack shelf.
But, I am checking the stands you guys mentioned. I would like a stand that can hold my soon to be 49 key controller, USB audio interface and laptop, or my iPad.

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Michael >>> Easy fix for the top tier.

Get an appropriately sized piece of Masonite (Fiberboard) and drill holes at all four corners and sink 4 stove bolts into the corners so that it acts as a shelf that will not slide around.

I use that arrangement for the X-Stand in my studio where I support my drum machines on a standard piece of particle board shelving on the lower tier.

Easy Peasy :)

Gary ;)

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
BTW, Biggles >>> I think you have your Z stand facing backwards.

You get maximum knee and legroom if you have the vertical braces sloping downward to the rear.

Then again the Roland stand doesn't look like it has too much cross bracing between those legs.

Gary ;)

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Ahhh, but my ironing board keyboard stand is adjustable up and down. ROTFLMAO.....
Gents, only set it there for a heehaw.. when using it's on my kitchen counter peninsula/bar with a stool. When away on a closet steel rack shelf.
But, I am checking the stands you guys mentioned. I would like a stand that can hold my soon to be 49 key controller, USB audio interface and laptop, or my iPad.

Joe >>> You can find some pretty elaborate stands and accessories on the web.

Mostly it depends on how often you want to move it and how many attachments you can afford to add.

There are add on tablet holders and laptop holders you can clamp on to most stands but in that case the whole thing becomes top heavy and requires more than a simple X stand to hold it up.

In that case you need either good quality Z stand or a tabletop style stand with oodles of attachments.

That can get pretty pricey pretty quickly.

Take a look at the thread Keyboard Rig Pics and scroll down to see how I've managed to organize everything in a functional and ergonomic manner.

https://www.keyboardforums.com/threads/keyboard-rig-pics.21919/page-15

Gary ;)

Reaction score
BTW, Biggles >>> I think you have your Z stand facing backwards.

You get maximum knee and legroom if you have the vertical braces sloping downward to the rear.

Then again the Roland stand doesn't look like it has too much cross bracing between those legs.

Gary ;)
:)

If I have it the other way round the feet stick out to far, I know from personal experience of it as I tripped over it. :mad:

Hence my own safety outweighs that of the keyboard

It is rock solid, the problem I have with it is that Roland do not offer add on second tiers for the Z stand so I cannot stack my Kross on it hence suggesting the Hercules which personally I would choose over Onstage which gets a few reviews that comment on questionable build quality.

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Personally I have no qualms about fit and finish on my Onstage stand and it has almost 120 Amazon reviews with an overall 4 star rating. The Hercules only has 6 customer ratings.

There's always going to be a few lemons on any production line and I'm certain Hercules has had its share of those as well.

And the Hercules is more than twice as expensive as the Onstage for essentially the same function.

Like I said, the Onstage is rated for a load up to 450 lbs and 150 lbs on the top tier and I would not only trust it with my keyboards but with my life if I had to suspend an engine block from it :D

Gary ;)

Reaction score
True Gary

I have been looking for a 2 tier stand and the 2nd tier for onstage gets poor reviews although the Z single keyboard stand does get good reviews.

My guitar stands both free standing and wall mounting together with my sheet music stands are all Hercules and their build quality is superb so I have no doubt the keyboard stand will be of the same quality.

All to often players buy an expensive keyboard and fits it on a cheap stand.

Buy quality and it will last.

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
I've had my On Stage stand for about 12 years now and it's survived two moves without a hiccup. It holds a 54 lb Kurzweil and a 30 lb Studiologic without so much as a quiver when I'm playing my hardest.

Short of attacking it with a crowbar this thing will easily outlive me.

Believe me, this is a quality stand and I will be able to pass it on to my successors when I finally go to the big concert in the sky :)

Gary ;)

Reaction score
Contratz!
Recent pic.

082F66A8-FC5E-44C8-9757-6E872D17AC88.jpeg

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gianni65

Latest Threads