DS applying MFX to more than one patch when not selected

Oogie Wa Wa

Nate, bass and keys for The Feds Band
Reaction score
Hey, another mystery!

So I have a song and made a Performance that uses 3 Parts. Part 1 is a piano, Part 2 is a bass guitar, and Part 3 is an EP. All split into three zones, no overlaps.

In the patches, I have an OverDrive on Part 1 with MFX3, and a Tremolo on Part 3 with MFX1.

When I use them in a Performance, I get the Tremolo on Part 3 just fine, not on Parts 1 or 2. And I get the OD on Part 1.

BUT I am also getting the OD on Part 3!!!!! I can't seem to make it go away. I've turned it ON in the KBD, and OFF using the pad to turn it on.

MFX3 is checked on the OUTPUT page for Part 1, and MFX1 is checked for Part 3, and nothing else checked. Unchecking it for Part 1 turns the OD off for both Parts 1 and 3.

I've tried both MFX ad PATCH for the OUTPUT OUT parameter. Nope.

What's weird is that Part 2 isn't impacted by the status of Part 1, MFX 3 being checked, but Part 3 is!!!

HELP! Any idea what I'm doing wrong? What other parameter(s) needs to be toggled?

Thank kindly.

Oogie Wa Wa

Reaction score
Hang in there, idea #6, I'll try taking the effects off of the Patches and apply them in the Performance instead. Ideas #1-#5 didn't work, lol.

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
One thing to remember is that compared to a DAW your DSP powers are limited in a multizone environment.

Weird things start to happen when you start applying FX chains to splits and layers.

Keep trying :)

Gary ;)

Oogie Wa Wa

Reaction score
I'd have expected better, I guess. Geez, it's only two separate effects and three parts. I probably should start looking for something better.

Thanks, Gary! I always appreciate the input.

Reaction score
I'd have expected better, I guess. Geez, it's only two separate effects and three parts. I probably should start looking for something better.

A Performance (which has up to 16 Parts) can have three separate effects, which you can assign as you'd like (plus the chorus and reverb). What you're running into might be this, quoting from the manual:

For each of the three MFX, the chorus, and the reverb, you can specify whether it will operate according to the effect settings of the performance, or according to the effect settings of the patch

Oogie Wa Wa

Reaction score
A Performance (which has up to 16 Parts) can have three separate effects, which you can assign as you'd like (plus the chorus and reverb). What you're running into might be this, quoting from the manual:
Thanks, don't know how I missed this. I did take a break for a while. I'm messing around with that right now, in fact. Seems like the darned thing does exactly what you tell it to do. Which is bad when you don't know exactly what that entails. For now, anyway; I got a couple of things to work right lately, at least.

Ask a Question