DGX-660: Problems with using Song Database, and applying ACMP.

Reaction score
Maybe the DGX is not supposed to do all of it's tricks at once. Whatever is going on, it is very frustrating.

I am tyring to do this:

• Use a Music Database style, number 212
  • Use Ambient Piano for main voice, Grand for dual
  • Use harmony, octave
  • Turn on ACMP, and Smart Chord (only to get the key set to 2 flats)
  • Record to UserSong5
So I've been having problems with ACMP remaining on, or even turning it on. One thing that got me going at one point was using file control and deleting UserSong5.

But an even worse thing is going on now. Below is a step by step:

• Turn on keyboard
  • Apply saved register (ambient, harmony, dual, etc)
  • At this point ACMP is on. In many of my attempts it wasn't. But the whole experience has been wonky
  • Play something, make mistake or whatever. Stop.
  • After stopping ACMP is off, and will not set on
  • Go into style, and back out, Turn ACMP and smart chord on, reset timing. (go into style it sets the timing to the defauilt of whatever style you are using)
  • Set record on song 5
  • Start playing...even with ACMP on, no ACMP playing...in fact first note plays, then next 2 notes silent, then at 4 beats into the song, then it starts.
The above is new. Most of the frustration today was just with ACMP. I do find that if I get some recording into the song, that it goes like this (before the above started):

• With a song with a previous recording, and want to record over it
  • Apply saved register
  • Select User5 song, ACMP goes off
  • Select Style, exit, turn on ACMP
  • Press record, starts to record on Usersong1
  • This cycle is circular...so...
  • I select UserSong 5,
  • Then step through the steps to get ACMP on. Song disappears from the screen
  • Press Record, loads up UserSong1.
  • At this point I have to erase UserSong5 to get going again.
It's various iterations of the above today, and before. I tried Chat yesterday, but nobody that knew anything about keyboards was available. They said I would be called within 24 hours. We know how that goes.

Sorry...I'm a bit frustrated. It'll probably be something I missed in the manual. Although, it's not like I haven't used styles before. But...this is the first time I'vce used the Song Database.

Ask a Question