Editing a customer audio accompaniment pattern

Reaction score
Hey, i am very new to the world of music. Got a Casio wk-200 for christmas (which i have been wanting for awhile) and love messing around with it, but im not getting much closer to my goal of actually making beats and songs because i cant figure out the Auto Accompaniment editor.

The manual for this thing sucks, at least to me it does.

How exactly do i go about creating a rhythm? I am currently doing this

1. Press Rhythm Editor
  2. Press Intro
  3. Select the Precussion instrument part
  4. Select rhythm number 181 for user rhythm
  5. Start playing.
At this point im expecting some precussion sounds to come from my keyboard. Instead the first 4th of the keyboard soungs like an Organ and shows me the letter of the note im playing on the display, and the other 3/4ths of the keyboard are a standard piano.

How do i A: Get rid of the Organ sound, and B: Get the instrumenti am trying to play to come out of the keyboard. The tone that is select is 554, so it should be the standard drum sounds.

Could someone help me out here?

Thanks!

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply

I have the manual and believe i have followed the instructions, but i may not understand them completely. I followed them step by step as far as i can tell.

I have been looking for a video or text tutorial online, but cant find anything. If someone could give me some steps just to record a little drum beat as a rhythm, save it, and replay it, it would go along way for me.

Reaction score
Well i just figured out what the chords were, so thats good, but how do i get it to actually play the drum portions that are on the chord side of the keyboard?

Reaction score
Casio wk200

Hey,

I am new to wk200 too. What you are doing is "editing a built in auto accompaniment".
1. Press rhymth editor
2. Press (either intro, normal, variation, or eding) whichever pattern you want to edit.
3. Select instrument part (1, 2, ...8): the part that you want to edit.
4. Select the rhythm you want to copy to 181. Ex: 053 is slow rock.
5. Press play. It will play slow rock drum pattern.

This is all I've got. I have not been able to figure it out how to edit each individual parts (drum, percussion, bass, chord1 - 6 yet.

Let me know if you can figure it out. Good luch

Ask a Question