Electribe & other samplers

Reaction score
Greetings! I finally got around to experimenting with 2 keyboards. One for patterns & the other for jamming along. But I'm still missing a drum part & maybe a bass line. So I'm thinking maybe it's time I got a sampler?

At least I think that's what I'd need. I've been googling various machines that I think might do the job. I'm interested in the Electribe (cool name too.) There are apparently 2 models, a red(SX) & a blue one (MX). I'm not sure of the difference.

I went to Guitar Center where they used to have an Electribe; now they have a Korg MS-1 Mini-sampler, just came on the market, hardly any reviews and I certainly wouldn't be able to find it used on Craigs (where I looked at the Electribe.) Of course I wanted it immediately, but I have to watch the budget.

Has anyone used these machines or others like them, and can anyone offer some advice about samplers & sequencers, preferably cheaper ones...:D ? (the Electribe used is going for $350.)

Ask a Question