Elton John piano sound on DGX-670?

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
Is there anyone out there who has managed to tweak the voices of DGX-670, so it sounds like Eltons piano sound?
Grateful for answers!

Reaction score
PSRTutorial do have VCE files to download...worth trying all the .vce pianos

Another option is tweak a DGX piano yourself in Vice Set.

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
Is there anyone out there who has managed to tweak the voices of DGX-670, so it sounds like Eltons piano sound?
Grateful for answers!
I think Elton uses a combination of sounds including the native acoustic grand piano sound layered with a digital piano sound. He uses Yamaha Disklavier® grand pianos. Though I don't have proof, I think his keyboard is controlled by his keyboard tech when he plays live who changes the sounds from song-to-song. "Daniel" is a good example where the sound of his Yamaha grand changes dramatically, and actually is 100% digital, I think. I no longer have a Yamaha keyboard, but every board I've ever had I've had the same challenge in trying to duplicate his live piano sound. It's a challenge, but try some layers and I think you'll get close.

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
Grateful for answers!
lol, I'm with you on that, his sound is enviable. Um, specifically what piano song (Honky Cat, Little Genie, Tiny Dancer, Daniel, Bennie and the Jets, etc.,.)
other links to a google search on Eltons piano sound:
eq
accompanaiment
tiny dancer

hope this helps... or at least motivates others insights...

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
Grateful for answers!
I found a pretty close solution that get the job done for the most part but still trying to tweak it as close as possible. I usually get the CP80 stage piano sound, turn the brightness down to -35 , attack up to either 2or 3, the release to -3, depth to 127, or either 1, reverb at 60-70, offset 40, then go to the EQ settings , and select the legacy category, and then select isolator EQ filter, and turn low, mid, and high mute off. Then put low on around 60-80 med 80, and high on 4. You can add an Ambience filter if you choose. By it's it won't sound too much like the Rd 1000, but it will be mixed with a very bright , and sharp piano sound that mixes perfect with it. So for the piano part I chose the Bright piano. I set the depth to 91, offset to 75, brightness -14, Harmonic content to 8, decay 63, release 21. For this you'll still need to go into the the EQ settings , and also choose the isolator filter for the one as well. Set low to 46, mid 95, high 112. I'd suggest to put the touch response of the piano to hard2 since this is a very bright and sharp sound. Also best to have the bright piano as the main voice, and the "Roland" as the layered voice. Don't forget to save these sounds individually and after you save the first one, turn off the piano and turn it back on before starting the other one, and then go to voice,press tab, and go to user voices to find them.

Ask a Question