Filling empty factory banks pa600

Reaction score
I would like to save some complete styles in the empty banks on my Korg disk.
No idea how to do this yet. I already found out the banks are protected and know how to unlock them.
I have about 50 complete sets but do not know the right procedure. The user manual is not really clear about this, neither are the official tutorials on YouTube
Any suggestions?? Thanks!!!

Reaction score
Are your Style sets downloads from Korg’s Bonusware website?

If they are it should be a case of selecting Media, navigating to the required set, highlighting it and then selecting Load.

You may have to go into Global, find the inbuilt Styles and select Unprotect.

First thing to do is to create a Backup file then a SaveAll file to give you recourse files should you need them.

Do note that Korg’s downloads are hit and miss where they install to in the User Banks (they certainly were on my 700) many default to User Bank 1, and progress from there, some allow you to select installation in to a specific User Bank.

I used to Load to User Bank 1, then Copy and Paste the Styles to a later User Bank and categorising them, then delete the Styles loaded from User Bank 1 and then load the next Set

Reaction score
Hi Biggles!

Thanks for your reply!

Sorry for reacting so late, I was playing the keyboard (ofcourse!)
First thing I did after buying was creating a complete backup and a backup set. I saved a copy on the korg disk and one on my USB stick. To be safe I also put copies on my laptop. Better be safe than sorry!,

I have tried to put some .STY files into my USER BANK and this was succesfull. I also ceated a performance and saved it but I couldn't find it back!!!!

Is it at all possible to select a complete .SET file from USB and put it straight into the Korg banks, I mean the ones with WORLD, TRADITONAL etc. because there are many empty spaces. I already found how to uncheck styles in GLOBAL

And yes, I downloaded all 40 style packs from the Korg Bonus site. Pitty that I don't have a program so I can listen to them first before loading them into the keyboard. I use a Linux computer and most programmes are made for Windows, unfortunately.

Sorry if I don't get things right the first time, still a Newbee!! Hope that you can help me if I have more questions.
Thanks again!!

Reaction score
Getting used to a Pa’s operating system takes time and effort, but once learned they are very fast and very user friendly.

you say you created a Backup, you need also to go into Media > Save > All and save that file as per your Backup file. This Save All file has all your User Added content and is used to restore it after updates or in the case of problems.

Do check that the OS installed is the current one.

Reaction score
I just followed your instructions and it worked great.
Copies on USB, laptop and Korg Disk are made.
I have the OS-ZIPfile saved on USB and laptop as well. Mine came with the latest OS installed.
It will indeed take some time to get used to the operating system, my Yamaha PSRE453 was very limited in its options. You could place 32 created styles in 4 user banks and that was all.
Unfortunately there is nobody in my neighbourhood to help me out, I learn the quickest by seeing and doing.
Thanks!!

Reaction score
Another "burning" question. The Balance knob on my PA can be set to two different possibilities, but I cannot find this in GLOBAL or MENU. Perhaps you know?? Cannot find it in the manual as well.

Reaction score
To edit Balance Control:-

Global > Controllers > Hand controllers

Tip
Korg manuals were originally written in Italian then translated into Japanese, the Japanese version was translated into Urdo by a first year student, translated from Urdo into Klingon, then translated from Klingon in Gaelic, from Gaelic the translation was into Mandarin and from Mandarin they translated it into English. In other words it sucks, but it sucks very comprehensively it is a case of learning the Korg logic, it will come to you in time,

Last edited:
Reaction score
Thanks for your reply!
My PA600 is now o.k. I wrote an email to Korg Netherlands and they gave me lots of tips and how to obtain the missing files. Great Company by the way, I wrote the email on Sunday and Monday at 10 a.m got a reply! Wish Yamaha also worked this way..... after more than three years they still haven't replied to my mail.
However, last night I wrote my first Performance and saved it. I'm getting the hang of things.
I've also renamed all my .STY files so I know which genre they are. Same goes for Performances, Pads etc
Made a new .set and new .bkp file, saved on my computer and on SDcard.
Every time I make changes or whatever on the keyboard, I make a new .SET file on USB and save it on the computer.
I found a great official Korg website with step- by- step instructions.
Here's the link https://www.korg.com/nl/features/arrangers/tutorials/

Reaction score
Good news.

For your information the Korg Pa range is the product of Korg Italy and not of the main Factory.

I have raised a couple of queries myself and a Korg staffer Paulo has always responded, he even responded six months after our initial contact which he could not answer but said he would get back to me which he did to confirm that the download for a Kross 2 update was now live. You do not get that service from Yamaha.

Reaction score
Hi Biggles!

I've found a very useful manual for the Korg. It explains all the different parameters and settings, far more detailed than the Quick Guide I got with the instrument. Unfortunately the file is protected, so no copying and no printing possible. Pitty, but I'll keep trying to get it done.
One question still remains however......when playing a style or performance I want some more "echo"
Is there a way to get this done? Has it something to do with the equalizer settings? I saw something about "wet" and "dry"? If so, do I have to do this for every Performance and save it, or can I assign it to the keyboard as a global setting?

The link is for the manual

Reaction score
The Korg manual is available via

EQ is accessed via the Global menu and it makes a great difference to the soundif you enable it (it is off by default). It is a Global parameter so it effects everything.

For Effects on each of the Styles you use for your songs the Style needs to be saved as a Songbook entry, you then make the adjustments you want and add the Effects and save the Song again. Then each time you load the Song, everything is as per your last settings.

Page 330 of the manual goes through all of the available Effects.

The use of the Songbook is the key to effective use of a Korg Pa.

After each session where you have saved user data, perform a Save All.

Reaction score
Thanks!!!
I have just adjusted some settings and the sound is already much better.
Reading all about the Songbook and how it works will be my next task for the weekend. It looks rather complicated though, but I do have to learn it.
The manual is unprotected so I can have it printed, makes reading much easier and I can add comments. Scrolling through 400 pages with a 10 inch tablet is like playing my Yamaha PSRE
So far, I'm learning more and more about the OS and it gets easier all the time.
Practice makes perfect!
Thanks for your reply and have a nice weekend.

Reaction score
Thanks!
I,m just reading the Manual, chapter about songbook
Tomorrow I'm going to try it out. I see that Songbook is in fact the most important place to do all yourchanges for styles etc.
I know you first have to make a copy to User and then set all the parameters and make this a new entry in the Songbook.
There are however lots of Songs I really do not like, I hate jazz and diso for instance. I did make an entire backup of the songbook, as I will probably never play them I think I'll delete these. Is that wise or should I just keep 'em there? They only take up unnecessary space.

Reaction score
There is another way.

Once you have mastered Songbook you could then look at how you can use the songs to create your own Setlist.

Then open Setlist and you have only the songs you want in a specific Setlist.

You are not limited to one Setlist.

Another action you can take is to use a Naming or Sorting routine within Songbook so that it displays your own or preferred songs first.

Reaction score
Just printed the pages about Global, Equalizer and Songbook. Homework for the weekend. Thanks by the way for the link. Monday I'm having it printed and made into a reference manual. Will cost a few bucks I guess.

Reaction score
Sorry to bother you again....
I am in Global now.
Made some adjustments.
I can not write my preference s, all the options are greyed out.
Global is not protected.
What in heavens name am I doing wrong???

Reaction score
The protection in Global is selective it is a case of hunting, without a keyboard in front of my I cannot walk you through.

Unprotect Style mode then try, but do backup and save all routines before making any changes

Reaction score
Problem solved!! Somehow you can only save your EQ settings when reloading a new SET? At least that' what I did, then went to EQ and I could save my preferences. Strange that once you' be done this the EQ settings can not be changed again, only when in Style play, made a copy to User you can change it and save it with your your Performance.
By the way, I just made a new Song entry! Thanks for all your help, much obliged!

Ask a Question