Filling empty factory banks pa600

Reaction score
I am so proud of myself!!!
I have created a new Ballad with new STS settings and I have it in Songbook now
I had to make a picture, thanks to you I was able to do so. Thanks!
Now I get the hang of things.
Next step is trying to create my own list, but I got the "are you sure" warning so I'll first read the manual before I rewriting or deleting something

Attachments

• 20210622_144826.jpg
    20210622_144826.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 29
Reaction score
Working with Songbook is easier than expected. So far I managed to create a few ballads with my own settings and effects, all done in Songbook!
I want to make personalized Songbook lists, eg for Ballads, Hymns, Christmas etc.
How do I save a list? Where do I save it to?
In the pulldown menu it says "initialize" list. Is that the right option to choose, or do I go to Media and do a "Save All".
I watched a video on Korg.uk but this is what is not really clear to me

Reaction score
No, No, No.

Never EVER click on initialize.

It totally resets the Korg, it is a stupid inclusion in the place where it is in the Menu system.

You create your own Songbook and save it with a name of your choice.

Personally I advise to keep all your repertoire in the one Songbook.

You use your Songbook to then create Setlists, each one bearing your chosen genres, when finished the Songbook includes the Setlists, then save the Songbook to your PC.

Save the Songbook within Songbook Editor.

Then Export your Songbook to the root of your USB memory stick.

Insert the Memory stick in your Pa and turn it on, then select Media > select your Songbook > Load, your Songbook and Setlist will load into the standard Songbook but will remain separate as it runs from the USB MS.

Job done.

I hope I have remembered all the steps correctly!

Reaction score
Wow! Glad that I first asked!!! Why the f##### do they put this option here??
This should be somewhere in Global with a big warning ⚠️⚠️⚠️ or greyed out.
I followed your instructions and now have my own created songbook.
Next up are Christmas songs, so I have 6 mo the to fiddle with styles and voices
Thanks again!!!

Reaction score
Voice of actual experience here did that very thing myself, luckily I had the Backup and Save All files to use to get my system as it was.

Eventually I even asked one of the Korg Staffers about it during a live Webinar and they were dumbfounded as to why it is located there and not as a Locked Command in Global.

Reaction score
But unluckily nothing has been done about it!!

It is a pitty I can not use Songbook Editor as it does not work with Linux.
As I understood (correct me if I'm wrong) ...
I make a folder on USB called Songbook and put all my custom songbook lists in that specific folder??
I thought that only the PA700 was capable of playing Songbook items directly from USB. There's no mention whatsoever about this in the manual.
They put all the custom lists on the Korg internal drive.
But I will certainly give it a try the way you described.

Reaction score
I can only relate to my experience on my 700.

It actually took quite a while before Korg modified Songbook Editor to enable 700 and 1000 owners to use the software.

Try creating your Songbook folder on your USB stick but then go into the Menu system and see if you can designate it as the Direct folder.

Then after you have customised the Style you wish to use as the basis for your chosen song, save it to the Songbook folder on the USB stick.

If your 600 works as per my 700 this should do it.

It is setting the Direct folder location that is the key.

If the above does not work then the feature will probably not be supported on the 600 which is after all a pretty old model.

Reaction score
I took a peek in the Menu. There's no way to specify a Direct Folder. This seems to be a Korg700 feature. Shame.
Lacking this feature means I will have to load them onto the Korg disk when I want to use them. Then I might as well leave them where they are and be sure to backup
Thanks so much, I can only wish my knowledge of the PA was as good as yours, but thanks to you I've learned how to use Songbook anyway.
I'll try to make my own Songbook on the computer and see if I can get it to work.

Reaction score
Making a Songbook in Songbook Editor will produce a file with a .set extension.

To get it working on you Pa try, Media > select the file > Load

if you are lucky this will run.

Reaction score
Yep, it does!!!
By the way...This is what my backup files look like now, spent the whole day yesterday rearranging all my files. put the Factory Backup on a write protected flash drive which I put in a safe place

Attachments

• 20210628_134949.jpg
    20210628_134949.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 29
  • 20210628_134924.jpg
    20210628_134924.jpg
    114.4 KB · Views: 28
Reaction score
Went to my local music store as I still thought there must be an easier way to make your own Songbook Lists.
He explained as follows....
1 go to the book tab, 2 list edit enabled 3 make a new list, 4 put the songs you want in this list and be sure to give it a unique name otherwise it will overwrite the already existing lists, 5 go to book edit and there open your created list. It stayes on the Korg disk.
If you backup your Songbook, you can later pick out your created disk and save it on USB or computer.
If it is easier than your explanation is yet to be seen. Your method works as well

Reaction score
There is generally a few ways to achieve the desired end result.

I only used the method I did because that was how it is explained by Steve McNally in the Korg Songbook tutorial.

Reaction score
O.k Thanks for your reply. Helpful people at my local music store. They just had new stock delivered, the keyboard section was filled with boxes, things were put aside and the guy took all the time needed to explain things to me.
I've made an appointment for a personal PA tutorial end of the week because I've more issues that need some explaining.
Thinking of having my Linux laptop reinstalled with Windows so I can use Songbook Editor and other Korg programs

Ask a Question