First Gay Royal Wedding Two Weeks Ago...

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
With all the fuss over Harry and Meagan and Eugenie's wedding tomorrow I'm wondering why this little news item slipped thru the cracks,

Two weeks ago on Sept. 24 Lord Ivar Mountbatten, Queen Elizabeth's cousin married his lover James Coyle and his ex wife gave him away :)

https://www.out.com/news-opinion/2018/9/24/yas-first-ever-gay-royal-wedding-just-happened

Apparently the love that dare not speak its name is now considered appropriate for the royal family :)

Nice to see them joining the 21st century :)

Gary ;)

Reaction score
With all the fuss over Harry and Meagan and Eugenie's wedding tomorrow I'm wondering why this little news item slipped thru the cracks,

Two weeks ago on Sept. 24 Lord Ivar Mountbatten, Queen Elizabeth's cousin married his lover James Coyle and his ex wife gave him away :)

https://www.out.com/news-opinion/2018/9/24/yas-first-ever-gay-royal-wedding-just-happened

Apparently the love that dare not speak its name is now considered appropriate for the royal family :)

Nice to see them joining the 21st century :)

Gary ;)
This is the last place i thought i would get news from back home. Hmm.... I think saying nothing is the best policy here.

Reaction score
Well certainly did not make the BBC News.

Good for them, the couple that is, not the BBC.

With forced marriages and child brides still happening in large swathes of the planet, getting bothered by the love between Gay people is not really that important.

Reaction score
It's the first I heard of it, good for them :)

My dad is gay, he only came out after my parents divorced. His parents pretty much disowned him when they found out, it's a shame they couldn't look beyond something that he can't help. They all lost out in the end, and for what? Life's too short; I choose love.

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Thanks for sharing Becky...

I agree, the world needs fewer judgmental people and more lovin'. ;)

I'm still somewhat amazed that this story didn't receive a lot more press when it happened.

I am unable to find either a commemorative plate or teacup either :(

Gary ;)

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
I'm simply bewildered that there was none of the usual royal merchandising.

A commemorative plate of this historic event would be one of the most valuable collectibles ever. :)

Gary ;)

Reaction score
There was certainly not the royal wedding fuss when Zara Philips (Princess Anne’s Daughter) got married and although for some quirk she did not get the Princess tag as Eugene has, Zara is every much a royal as the rest of them.

It does seem that Prince Andrew was very forcefull in getting a good few Millions of the public purse spent in an elaborate Wedding just because Prince Harry did the same.

We are yet to see Prince Andrew getting stuck in with the trades people creating Homes For Heroes yet both William and Harry have.

Ask a Question