Flowkey and other apps can't find FP30 via bluetooth

Reaction score
Hey guys,

1 week ago, I bought the Roland FP-30. I wanted to connect the Roland with my iPad pro 2017 and my iPad is able to find the FP-30. However, my downloaded apps, like Flowkey and Piano Partner 2 (made by Roland itself), can't find the FP-30 by bluetooth.

PS: I didn't connect my iPad to the FP-30, though I did turn on the bluetooth button on my iPad.

My FP-30 got all recent updates and I did everything they told me to do on these webpages:

http://help.flowkey.com/piano-and-midi-setup/midi-setup/connect-your-ipad-via-midi

https://www.roland.com/us/support/knowledge_base/212527966/

I really don't know what to do. It seems that I'm the only one who's facing this problem, since I can't find any other topic on the internet with this problem. If someone can explain me what to do, that would be great!

Grtz. pinkfluffybunny

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Welcome to the forums :). What was the solution in the end? I'm sure it'll be helpful for other members searching for the answer.

Reaction score
I just didn't read the instructions well enough, so I activated the pedal bluetooth mode instead of the bluetooth MIDI mode :S

Reaction score
pfb

Many thanks for the feedback on this. I would have assumed that bluetooth is bluetooth and activating it for one feature would have activated it for all. Will keep this in mind, in case anyone else shows up with a similar problem.

Ask a Question