Ipad apps for Roland piano?

Reaction score
Just bought a Roland RP401R yesterday and got Piano Partner connected to the piano through Wifi.

Wondering what other apps are available. Specially looking for a way to get the songs recorded in the piano out through Wifi instead of having to disconnect the Wifi adapter and connecting a USB drive.

Thanks for any suggestions.

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
I don't know of any Roland-specific apps, but there are DAWs and other audio/MIDI apps for the iPad. There are a number of web sites devoted to music apps for the iPad-- e.g., http://ipadmusic.com/apps/daws-for-ipad/.

GarageBand is free but isn't all that great when it comes to MIDI-- you can use MIDI input for controlling GB's virtual instruments, but you can't save MIDI data or send MIDI data to your Roland-- but it should be good for recording your Roland's audio output.

If you're wanting to record your Roland's MIDI output, you're better off with something other than GarageBand-- e.g., Auria or Cubasis. I haven't kept up with what's available-- I have an iPad, so I should take more of an interest in DAWs for the iPad, but right now I just keep my keyboards connected to my computer all the time!

Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback. Started to look into DAWs and also found one free for Linux I will that one first: https://lmms.io

For Ipad from what I could gather Cubasis looks like a reasonable option so if the Linux one doesn't work for me I think I would try that one next.

Thanks again.

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
If you're running Linux both Cakewalk and Reaper run flawlessly under Wine. Reaper has a trial version which never expires.

Also there's Rosegarden which is Linux Native and much more featured and stable than LMMS.

Also you'll need to install the JACK Audio Kit to deal with latency problems.

Easiest way to do so is to install KXstudio or Linux-Studio from the repos.

Just apt-get install linux-studio and that should help you with all the dependencies.

Gary ;)

Ask a Question