Foldable keyboard for professional use?

Reaction score
Hi.

I am usually playing a Korg Kronos - in my opinion an absolute fantastic workstation.

My band is touring Europe next year and to avoid a lot of overweight on the plane I am hardly considering to try out a "traveling setup" with only a foldable digital piano (like Konix PJ88) and midi presets.

I know nothing about these foldable pianos but it seems they have more of a beginner vibe?

Anyone in here have any experiences with Konix PJ88 (or similar) for professional use and midi controller?

Reaction score
From what I've seen online or posted on other forums, I don't think "foldable" and "professional" can be used in the same sentence when it comes to keyboards. But I'll be watching this and we'll see what the others say...

Old No7

Reaction score
LOL... Foldable keyboard, touring, and professional use all in the same paragraph..... I'm sure there is a market for it. If a touring professional keyboardist showed up to play with a folding keyboard what would your reaction be?

Reaction score
I'm not saying there is no such thing as a foldable keyboard, the issue is it is very limited in what it can do or the sounds it can play. He's talking touring and being a professional kb player. I would not rely on any of the boards you have above to get me through a professional show. And if i did my 'touring' days would have been over years ago.....

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Give it a couple of years to mature Dave. I've seen other designs the last few years that truly are pro quality, but the came from small startups that the industry hasn't embraced yet.

And ANY keyboard with MIDI and an iphone are good enough in a pinch these days.

I wouldn't bring one to Madison Square Gardens, but for some shithole bar gig it would work just fine. :)

Ask a Question