Four white and four black keys not working

Col

Reaction score
Hi guys
I got my casio ctk 601 out to play after a couple of years and found the A minus key up to the D sharp key including white keys in between now doesn't work.
Iv tried turning off and on, tried to check settings but nothing is sorting it out.
Any ideas guys
Cheers

Col

Reaction score
And just trying it again some more keys are not working now too, top C to G including the black keys.

Reaction score
If you are handy with a screwdriver you could open it up and give the contacts a clean and check circuit biards fir leakage from components and discolourisation.

If you are not handy with a screwdriver, bin it and buy yourself a keyboard but do wait if this is what you end up doing as something is coming from Casio in January.

Col

Reaction score
Thanks Biggles, that's what I was thinking, as in binning it as iv had it a long time anyway and I'm not great with electronics.

Reaction score
Hi guys
I got my casio ctk 601 out to play after a couple of years and found the A minus key up to the D sharp key including white keys in between now doesn't work.
Iv tried turning off and on, tried to check settings but nothing is sorting it out.
Any ideas guys
Cheers

The spring back function for the key is broken. There is a synth shop in Kansas that can fix it. You could fix this if
you have the initiative. There is likely some debris behind the panel too. A small hand vacuum cleaner is very helpful
when you remove the panels.
CharlieO

Col

Reaction score
The spring back function for the key is broken. There is a synth shop in Kansas that can fix it. You could fix this if
you have the initiative. There is likely some debris behind the panel too. A small hand vacuum cleaner is very helpful
when you remove the panels.
CharlieO
Thanks CharlieO, but iv got myself a new one now, a Yamaha PSR EW 310.
So the old one is in the garage waiting to go to the tip.

Reaction score
And just trying it again some more keys are not working now too, top C to G including the black keys.

Could be the rubber contact strip broken - I had to fix this on a CTK - strips from CASIO.
You might put the old CTK on ebay - you'll probably get cash for it as it is repairable.

Ask a Question