Game of Thrones Theme / Midi

Reaction score
Hey guys been awhile but Ive been busy with Holidays and all, and also have been learning how to set up and use my new toy, I picked up a Korg N1R rack synth on Reverb.com. Its a nice clean unit. I just recently figured out how to set up effects, and multi functions. I had The Game of Thrones midi file sitting on the back burner with failed results with the Yamaha and even the Integra 7, The Korg seemed to do the trick... after transposing tracks 1,4,7,8,14 up a octave, sub'd the Cello to a French Horn and cleaned up the drums just to change things up a bit and total redo on output levels mix. :D

Reaction score
TY, it sounds incredibly theatric with it cranked on all 4 monitors, My wife was like what was all that about?! lol

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Nice work :). I love the intro music for GoT - I'm so glad the show has started again for 2017 :D.

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
it sounds incredibly theatric with it cranked on all 4 monitors

It sounds pretty good cranked up on my laptop's crappy sound card and speakers, too! I'll have to try cranking it up on my desktop computer later-- which reminds me, I really need to hook my better-quality speakers back up to it. :)

Reaction score
I really need to hook my better-quality speakers back up to it. :)

Soo far Im really liking the Korg over anything else i've had in the past. i didnt expect it to sound as good as it does given the age of the unit, ive been trying out some other midi files and so far very nice... ;) On the GoT midi there was 4 string ensembles mixed, there was a secondary horn in the mix wich i took and copy pasted it to a new track in XGworks and assigned the "stereo choir ahhh" patch to it for the ending.

Last edited:

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
Sometimes I want to rewatch a Game of Thrones episode just to hear the theme music during the opening credits! And it's nice how the end credits music changes up the theme to reflect the mood the episode closed on.

Reaction score
Great Game Of Thrones MIDI !!!
I have written some animation software that can take your MIDI file and animate it (hopefully?, still a few bugs), I would love to try it out with my software. Would you be willing to send me your Game of Thrones MIDI file to test? I will send you back a completed animation of your MIDI file in action, if you send me your email address. It will be kind of a simpler Animusic style animation in an .mp4 format movie file.
Thanks,
MIDI files with up to 16 tracks
Bill Robinson

Last edited by a moderator:

Ask a Question