Good Day All!

Reaction score
Greetings! My name is JimC from the desert SW, USA. I got back into keyboards two years ago after a 40 yr hiatus, due to boredom and lockdown. I'm a Progger who loves Organ, Piano, and that ghastly machine called the Mellotron! I'm here to listen and learn.

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
Welcome, @jbcurtain! I like your choice in ghastly machines. :) Jump on in and join or start a discussion.

Do you actually have a Mellotron, by the way? Or you just love their sounds?

Reaction score
Welcome.

You are not alone quite a few of us love Prog.

One of the best concerts I have seen was the 35th Anniversary tour of Yes.

Rayblewit

Love Music / Love Life
Reaction score
Welcome jb. .
I have a feeling you will like it here and stick around.
Many newbies lose interest after a day or two. You on the otherhand have had the decency to respond to Biggles and Gruff.
I also like Prog. . . Iike "yes" but I was a huge fan of the other "anderson" aka "tull"

Cheers Ray

Reaction score
Welcome jb. .
I have a feeling you will like it here and stick around.
Many newbies lose interest after a day or two. You on the otherhand have had the decency to respond to Biggles and Gruff.
I also like Prog. . . Iike "yes" but I was a huge fan of the other "anderson" aka "tull"

Cheers Ray
Yep! That Tull guy sure is a great flute player!

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Yep! That Tull guy sure is a great flute player!

I beg to differ. Gentle Giant is the greatest Progrock band of all time !!!##@@#$$ :D :D :D

I think I caught the Yes Tour in Montreal back around 73 or 74. Amazing show with the aid of a desert cactus of traditional medicinal properties :D ;)

But seriously would you rather own a Mellotron or would you rather be devoured by bunny rabbits? Or can I interest you in the current resurgence in Analog music technology? There are some amazing synths and modules on the market these days for the price of two weeks worth of groceries. Tell the wife it's a "therapy synthesizer" and she's sure to buy into it. :)

Welcome aboard Jim. It only gets crazier from here. :)

Gary ;)

Reaction score
I beg to differ. Gentle Giant is the greatest Progrock band of all time !!!##@@#$$ :D :D :D

I think I caught the Yes Tour in Montreal back around 73 or 74. Amazing show with the aid of a desert cactus of traditional medicinal properties :D ;)

But seriously would you rather own a Mellotron or would you rather be devoured by bunny rabbits? Or can I interest you in the current resurgence in Analog music technology? There are some amazing synths and modules on the market these days for the price of two weeks worth of groceries. Tell the wife it's a "therapy synthesizer" and she's sure to buy into it. :)

Welcome aboard Jim. It only gets crazier from here. :)

Gary ;)
If its the Monty Python wabbit, I'll pass! I'd love to have a tape based Mellotron, If I were younger! The new digital keyboards are just fine, even though the "purists" don't buy into that.

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
My favorite Mellotron player of all time has got to be Mike Pinder. (Sorry, Rick!) As I understand it, he was employed by the company that manufactured the Mellotron, Streetly Electronics. He also introduced John Lennon to the Mellotron, which is how it came to be used in Strawberry Fields Forever and other Beatles tunes.

Reaction score
My favorite Mellotron player of all time has got to be Mike Pinder. (Sorry, Rick!) As I understand it, he was employed by the company that manufactured the Mellotron, Streetly Electronics. He also introduced John Lennon to the Mellotron, which is how it came to be used in Strawberry Fields Forever and other Beatles tunes.
Mr. Pinder did blaze the trail for others to follow! I highly recommend Nick Awdes mellotron book, lotsa good interviews with our Prog heroes.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
matiSon

Latest Threads