Harry's Razors

Reaction score
Since this is the off topic area, I thought I'd run this one by and see what I can find out.

Like most men I have to shave and I don't like doing it. I also don't like the expense. I use the Gillette Fusion 5 shaver. I do like the shave that I get but the cost of the blades frankly just annoys the hell out of me.

I recently found out about Harry's Razor sets. You can only get them online but they appear to be reasonably priced.
The reviews that I've read seem to pretty much say they are well worth it.

I'm just wondering if anybody here has tried them and can tell me how good they really are?

Thanks!

Jeremykeys
In dire need of a shave!

P.S. Gary, you don't have to worry, we're not going to shave you!

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Fortunately my beard is pretty soft and not too much hassle to shave.

For daily shaves i use a Philishave electric, the cheapest I could find on the market. I buy replacement blades for it from China on Amazon.

Occasionally if I've skipped shaving for a few days I use a blade. Specifically an old Gillette Track 2 Razor and blades I stocked up back when they still sold them.

I also picked up a couple of packs of disposable Bic twin blade razors to use once I've exhausted the Track 2's.

To be honest, I really do not understand the point of putting 5 blades into a razor except to drive up the furshlugginer price. :p

Twin blades are more than adequate in my mind for delivering a close shave and if Harry's Razor Sets are cheap enough I say go for them.

Really what will it cost you to order a few sets and find out for yourself.

Post back here once you've tried them yourself and let us know if they really are good enough or not.

Gary ;)

Reaction score
I think I'm going to but first I have to dig through a bunch of boxes to see if I still have cartridges for my Fusion 5. Unpacking after a move takes years!
I used to use Track 2's and I've also had electrics but after having tried the shavers with the multiple blades I'll never go back. They just shave better. Of course that's just my opinion and they may not work for everybody.

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Or you could always grow a long white beard, wear a bedsheet and start your own religion :D :D :D

Gary ;)

Reaction score
Whilst I have not used Harrys blades I do have a very tough beard.

Usually take the rough off with a Philips electric but when I want to loose the five o’clock shadow it just has to be the twin blade Gillette.

I find that the five blades clog up very quickly and go blunt even quicker.

What I can suggest is that you also look up a product called King of Shaves, they produce a few items and I use their gel to get the lather and that shave well, or I use their shaving oil, very little is needed to get the bristles oiled up and the razor glides through with ease and a quick rinse and the blade is clean again.

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
I don't know about you guys but I always do my blade shaves after a shower. The heat and steam softens the bristles right up and they slice off like butter. I do use a bit of Edge Foaming Shave Gel as well, but shaving without showering first is like dragging a garden rake across my face :D :D :D

Gary ;)

Rayblewit

Love Music / Love Life
Reaction score
The cost of shaving and the cost of hygiene (women included) is just a part of the weekly grocery bill. We just accept it.
As for a "good clean smooth" shave one needs to consider the shave cream used. This is a vital contributor whether using Gillette or Schick blades or even budget brand blades the creams lather and lubricants will determine a happy result and keep blades from blunting quickly.

I use a special mens shave cream I buy from the body shop. Its called Hommes and It costs $20 for a small container 200 mil. It lasts two years 'cause you only apply about the size of a pea. It lathers up a treat. I also use Schick disposables (3 bladed ones).

Cheers ray

Last edited:
Reaction score
I shave in the shower. It's the last thing I do. I find there's no mess in the sink to clean up and like Gary says, the hot water and steam help to soften the whiskers.

Mind you, somehow the idea of a rat having a shower and shaving makes my head spin!

I use an aloe, vitamin E soap that I lather up. It works great.

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Mind you, somehow the idea of a rat having a shower and shaving makes my head spin!

Are you saying shaved rats ain't sexy? :mad:

hqdefault.jpg

Gary :p

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
matiSon

Latest Threads