Hello everyone! Tony from Cheshire just joined.

Reaction score
I have been a Ketron fan for a long time (SD1 then Audya) but recently moved to Yamaha Clavinova CVP609 and also use the Roland BK-7M module with an Orla JamKey or sometimes with a Korg SP250 piano.

Rayblewit

Love Music / Love Life
Reaction score
Welcome to the forums Tonyjazz. Looks like you have some experience with keyboarding over the years. What is your story? In a band? I am guessing you like Jazz! What kind of Jazz?
Cheers from Australia.
Love music / Love life -Ray

Reaction score
Welcome to the forums Tonyjazz. Looks like you have some experience with keyboarding over the years. What is your story? In a band? I am guessing you like Jazz! What kind of Jazz?
Cheers from Australia.
Love music / Love life -Ray
G'day Ray
I am not in a band just mostly play for my own amusement - write a few songs as well.
Whilst I am not in a band I belong to some local keyboard clubs and play at them a couple of times a month. I would describe myself as an intermediate standard.
I like all kinds of music from classical through big band, american songbook standards, pop from the sixties to the eighties, singer songwriters and jazz. Not keen on any way out modern jazz but I like swing and smooth jazz with a tendency to piano and sax sounds. Some of the people I like are Nat King Cole, Jimmy Smith, Sinatra, Tony Bennet, Michael Buble, Nina Simone, Billy Joel, Ennio Morricone, Quincy Jones, Neal Hefti, Count Basie and the list goes on.
Originally learnt to play organ and then piano and keyboards but can now play the tenor sax as well. Sax is difficult without being in a band so I don't do much of that.
Well into arranger keyboards with friends having Yamaha Tyros, Korg PA4X and lots of different organs like Roland Atelier, Wersi Sonic, Orla Grand Theatre and the odd Hammond drawbar - love the Hammond jazz organ style
So I hope to be able to find like minded keyboard fans and maybe contribute by passing on some of my experiences.
Enough of my rabbiting - I am off to play some music

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Hi Tony...

I'm a big fan of the Chesire Cat from Alice in Wonderland... :D

Welcome aboard :)

Gary ;)

Reaction score
Hello and welcome to the forum! Cheshire is my neck of the woods - although technically I'm in Greater Manchester :)

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Can't imagine any rat liking a cat!:eek:

I beg to differ...

cat-and-rat-iii.jpg

Gary ;)

Ask a Question