Hi folks

Reaction score
Hey people~

Glad to find a forum where keys are the topic. Me? 30 years playing. Currently running a Hammond L100, Korg Sigma, Yamaha MM8, Yamaha SY99, and a Korg M3. I also invent a few weird little gadgets when inspiration strikes. Style: Rock/Blues.

Hope i can help younger players and share war stories with the veterans here.

Reaction score
Hey people~

Glad to find a forum where keys are the topic. Me? 30 years playing. Currently running a Hammond L100, Korg Sigma, Yamaha MM8, Yamaha SY99, and a Korg M3. I also invent a few weird little gadgets when inspiration strikes. Style: Rock/Blues.

Hope i can help younger players and share war stories with the veterans here.

I'm a not a younger player :) But I am a very new player that has only been playing a year and just recently joined a classic rock band. I don't have a musical background, but love music and learning to play! I am looking for help on how to figure out an easier way to learn the music. I have been downloading sheet music and chord sheets for the songs but some of them I can hear the keyboard in the music and it just doesn't match the sheet music. I haven't gotten to the point that I can play by ear and need some advice from someone with experience.

The Y_man

Reaction score
I haven't gotten to the point that I can play by ear and need some advice from someone with experience.

Playing by ear is something that IMHO is difficult to teach, and some find it easier than others.

You can practice improvisation as a start by say sequencing or playing 4 chords C-F-G-Am (or whatever in whichever order) and just playing any thing with your right hand that "comes to mind". It starts training you up to what "notes the keys sound like" (can't explain it any other way.... o_O)

The Y-man

Ask a Question