Hi from L.A., California, USA

Reaction score
Hi, all. I just signed on today. I used to play a lot of keyboard in my teens and 20's, but then got caught up with school and grad school. I played occasional gigs with old friends throughout the years, and due to family and work commitments, this is about as much as I can play these days as well. Oh, and I also play trumpet and flugelhorn, to which I have also "come back" recently.

My early rigs were a Fender Rhodes Stage 88 and 73, Sequential Circuits Prophet 5 v. 3.3 (I was crazy to sell this last year!), Korg M1 Workstation (sold last summer, too), and Korg R3. I own only 1 keyboard now - a Yamaha Motif ES-6.

I used to own a Roland JC-120X Jazz Chorus amp, which is truly sweet. This was a limited run, with the "X" indicating factory installed JBL speakers. Now 52 years old, this amp was a bear to lift and cart around, so I recently replaced it with just an old, standard Roland KC-300 amp, which works perfectly well.

I am self-taught (no classical training) since the age of four, but received some great mentoring from some jazz professors and friends along the way. Nowadays I play rock, funk, soul, pop, and jazz.

I look forward to reading and posting here as there is so much technology to get caught up on.

Cheers,

Herb

Reaction score
Hey, Ian. Thanks for the welcome aboard! I look forward to spending some quality time here reading and learning more about today's synths!

Cheers!

Herb

Ask a Question