Hi.

Reaction score
Hello, so i bought this keyboard, and i bought the adapter to power it on. Once i did that, the keyboard made a popping sound, and the main volume started smoking when i tried putting it up, any help on what it could be?

Reaction score
One of the most poorly written communications that I've ever read.
  • "I bought this keyboard". The only reason I would know that it was a Casio keyboard is because you wrote it in the Casio portion of the site.
  • Which model Casio? They probably have over 50 models of keyboards, many having different power requirements.
  • What are the power requirements of the keyboard? What is stamped on the keyboard, 9V?, 12V?, center positive, ? how many milliamps is required?
  • what are the specs on the adapter? does the adapter specs match the specs of the keyboard?
  • is it an after market adapter or a Casio adapter specific to the model?
  • is it a new keyboard or a used keyboard?
  • "the main volume started smoking" - How exactly does volume (a form of sound, i.e. listening) create smoke ( a visual). do you mean that the output jacks started smoking?
What keyboard and model?
what adapter and the model # of the adapter or communicate the specs of the adapter, i.e.:

output in milliamps (ex. 500 ma)
voltage (ex. 9 V)
polarity (ex. center positive, or center negative)

My guess is that you used the wrong adapter and smoked the main board. The repair most likely will cost you more than the (unknown) model is worth.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
camolad

Latest Threads