Hohner Pianet T

Reaction score
Hello!

so ive recently been looking at pianet t's and there pretty reasonably priced now and i was just wondering if anyone knows why they dont have sustain pedals? they actually seem to sound pretty good, slap a tube scremer on them and some tremolo and u could have some sweet sounds...

but there is no sustain....?

does anyone have any good info on these?

Reaction score
It does not support sustain at all. I was not impressed with these when they came out, in comparison with the Rhodes and Wurlizers of the time.

But regardless of my opinion people liked 'em because they were easy to move around and known for being reliable for gigging. Probably the biggest factor was they were about the lowest cost keyboard you could buy that you could go out and gig with. Oh yea, that and a Farfisa. Hee hee. Now I'm sitting here reminiscing of some of the gigs I played back in the 70's. Those were the good 'ol days for me fellas...

My biggest beef about the Hohner was I felt like I had to beat the crap out of it to keep up with the wall of sound coming from drums & guitars, and you'd lose any sense of dynamics with it.

They do have a groovy sound though.

Ask a Question