I'm sure it's been asked a 1000 times, but....

Reaction score
So i've moved to win10 and also upgraded my nice little studio to from SX to Cubase9.5 (which i'm very happy with), I've had all manner of problems getting my Steinberg Midex 8x8 to work though and wondered if folk here have had the same issues or could recommend a true Win 10 compliant interface, must be at least 8x8 though.

Can't even start to tell you the issues i've had with motu and giga studio, but thats for another day :)

Thanks in advance

tjw

Reaction score
I have had extremely good experience with PreSonus. I have a small rig, I've used FireBox and AudioBox, both successfully on Windows 10. I've never needed a larger rig than FireBox, I don't have room for more than 2 microphones.

PreSonus tech support was easy to contact, and very helpful, couple years ago.

Although I don't have direct experience with larger interfaces, I'd extend a recommendation, they seem to make high quality gear and stand behind it well.

M-Audio is another manufacturer I had good results with in the past.

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
I have an M-Audio Midisport 4x4 that works perfectly. It's USB MIDI Class Compliant so it will work with any OS, even my Linux setup.

It's also built like a tank with a solid metal chassis and housing and has not failed me once in the past 8 years.

You might want to consider using two of these in tandem with the caveat that they may ID to the computer as the same device, hence port assignment might shift from bootup to bootup. The only way to know for sure would be to try it.

Before the M-Audio I also tried a Motu 5X5 that was a spectacular failure due to the lack of MIDI drivers for Linux. I ended up selling it off at a loss.

Gary ;)

Reaction score
I have an M-Audio Midisport 4x4 that works perfectly. It's USB MIDI Class Compliant so it will work with any OS, even my Linux setup.

It's also built like a tank with a solid metal chassis and housing and has not failed me once in the past 8 years.

You might want to consider using two of these in tandem with the caveat that they may ID to the computer as the same device, hence port assignment might shift from bootup to bootup. The only way to know for sure would be to try it.

Before the M-Audio I also tried a Motu 5X5 that was a spectacular failure due to the lack of MIDI drivers for Linux. I ended up selling it off at a loss.

Gary ;)[/Q

yeah was kinda thinking of that, My midex 8x8 is working and again now but im not sure for how long and so i don't want to to tempt fate

Ask a Question