Individual voice effects [Roland V-Combo VR 730]

Reaction score
Hi guys.

I recently bought a Roland VR 730 and I am having some trouble adding effects to the sounds.

When I have a sound layer and I add some effect like reverb, tremulo, woah, it is applied for both sounds, but sometimes I want to effect just for one layer like Piano or Rhodes, but not for strings or pads.

Anyone knows how to add a effect just to one layer?

Reaction score
Lots of questions being asked about your new keyboard (I also read the other thread that has other questions) for which the answers would be in an owners manual. So it sounds as though you want us to download the manual, read the manual, then give you the answers to both your questions. So I'll do half the work, and you do the other half.

Here's the manual, have fun learning your new keyboard.... Owners manual download

Last edited:
Reaction score
Lots of questions being asked about your new keyboard (I also read the other thread that has other questions) for which the answers would be in an owners manual. So it sounds as though you want us to download the manual, read the manual, then give you the answers to both your questions. So I'll do half the work, and you do the other half.

Here's the manual, have fun learning your new keyboard.... Owners manual download

Hi Dave.

Thank you for your answer. I already read the owners manual, but it just have info about how to add the effect, but has nothing about effect in the layer mode (for individual voice).

I also opened a ticket at the Roland Q&A but no answer so far.

Reaction score
The VR-730 doesn't do what you're asking about.

I already read the owners manual, but it just have info about how to add the effect, but has nothing about effect in the layer mode (for individual voice).
Right at the beginning of the section on adding effects, it says:

• If you’re playing two sounds (split or dual), the settings will determine which sound is affected.
When using Dual: The same effects will apply to both sounds.
So you cannot do what you want (put an effect on just one of the two layered sounds) on the VR730.

Ask a Question