introducties

Reaction score
When one goes on holiday to Nuremberg (the German sausage capital) as we recently did and lunch was Sausage, dinner was sausage, the next day lunch was sausage, dinner was sausage, the next day .... get the picture.

It’s all they do.

Last time I was on holiday in France I was horizontal for three days with food poisoning,

By contrast best meals we have had when in holiday were in Canada.

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
You're confusing tourist food with home cooking.

In tourist traps it's usually the equivalent of fast food no matter where you go.

Regardless of where you go, there are good restaurants and bad ones where the locals know enough not to eat.

I can assure you, the average German DOES NOT eat sausage at every meal. International cooking styles have made themselves just as much at home in Germany as they have everywhere else in the first world.

I was fortunate enough to be raised in a European household in French Speaking Canada where I've been exposed to every cuisine from Vietnamese and Ethiopian to Mexican and Greek. Nowadays there's been a major shift in appetites when it comes to healthier eating.

There's quite a few British style pubs around as well and all they serve are greasy meat pies and fish and chips. Not too bad when I'm craving a bite of comfort food, but not something I'd want to eat on a steady diet.

Gary ;)

Reaction score
Italy where could be better for great meals?

Wrong.

We have had holidays in both Rome and Florence and finding a decent Restaurant especially in Florence was very difficult, they are all geared up with plastic cheap tourist budget meals.

Yes the greasey Brit Pub food does exist, but over here we can tell by the chain and by the style of the pub just what the meals are going to be but we are getting more and more Gastro Pubs where fantastic meals can be had.

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
My brother just came back from a two week holiday in Italy on the Amalfi Coast and Rome.

He complained that after two weeks he was sick to death of pizza and pasta.

He can cross it off of his bucket list now but he doesn't ever plan on going back. :p

I spent a month in Nice on the Riviera back in 76 when I went on a student exchange.

I have to say the food was spectacular and I had no complaints. :)

Gary ;)

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
Hallo, ik ben Gerrit en kom uit Nederland, voel me vereerd om bij deze site te mogen zijn, ik speel zelf de Tyros3, groetjes Gerrit!

Hi, I'm Gerrit and come from the Netherlands, feel honored to be with this site, I play the TYROS3, Greetings Gerrit!

Welcome, Gerrit! Please forgive the derailing of your thread, and as far as I'm concerned you can feel free to post in Dutch if you wish; I'll be happy to post an English translation for everyone. :)

How do you like your Tyros3? From what I understand, the Tyros line is quite powerful in its features, although I've never played one myself. Have you been tempted to trade up to the new Genos? It's certainly very pricey, but most of the people who've switched from a Tyros to the Genos seem to be happy with it-- although it seems there are always some people who must hunt for anything and everything to pick at and gripe about, and that has certainly been true with the Genos.

Welkom, Gerrit! Vergeef het ontsporen van uw draad, en wat mij betreft u zich vrij om te posten in het Nederlands als u dat wenst; Ik zal blij zijn om een Engels vertaling voor iedereen post. :)

Hoe vind je je Tyros3? Van wat ik begrijp, is de Tyros lijn vrij krachtig in zijn eigenschappen, hoewel ik nooit één zelf heb gespeeld. Ben je geneigd om de handel tot de nieuwe Genos? Het is zeker erg prijzig, maar de meeste van de mensen die overgestapt van een Tyros naar de Genos lijken gelukkig te zijn met het-hoewel het lijkt er altijd een aantal mensen die moeten jagen voor alles en nog wat op te pikken en gripe over, en dat is zeker waar geweest met de Genos.

I hope the computer's translation is okay!

Ik hoop dat de computer de vertaling is oke!

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
I reckon I have enough trouble translating English to American, or even Yankee American to Southern ("Suthren") American. Y'all be good, now. I'm fixin' to go to the store and won't be able to keep everyone in line!

Reaction score
I reckon you Aussies need to educate Gary on the finest of Aussie delicacies ... the witchetty grub.
I've never been brave enough to give one of those a crack.

I was however lucky enough to spend a weekend with a northern Australian indigenous family as a cultural experience a few years back. Watching them catch their own food out of the sea with spears and nets while avoiding sharks and crocodiles was an awe-inspiring event!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
matiSon

Latest Threads