introducties

Reaction score
Hallo, ik ben Gerrit en kom uit Nederland, voel me vereerd om bij deze site te mogen zijn, ik speel zelf de Tyros3, groetjes Gerrit!

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Hello Gerrit.

We speak English on this forum.

If you'd like to participate either write in English or else use Google Translate to decode your messages.

https://translate.google.ca/?hl=en

Hallo Gerrit.

We spreken Engels op dit forum.

Als u wilt deelnemen, schrijf dan in het Engels of gebruik Google Translate om uw berichten te decoderen.

Gary ;)

Rayblewit

Love Music / Love Life
Reaction score
Hi Gerrit
Your text did not translate to English.
I think are saying you are from the Neterlands. You own a Tyros 3.

Anyway welcome:)

See if you can make your posts in English. The google translator should kick in. You will undoubtedly get more responses from us in English.

Cheers ray

Reaction score
We speak English on this forum
Rash statement Gary :):)

Still am I learning to proper speak but older I get worst becomes it.

Welcome Gerritt

You are Dutch, you are therefore bound to speak better English that all of us native(ish) English speakers

Reaction score
Gary I was laughing out loud at that. Because it's 99.9% correct - this is how Australian blokes actually talk! Particularly if they have a working class background (as I do).

That video could have potentially gone for an hour, there's so many of these abbreviations, those fellas just scratched the surface.

Thanks for sharing.

Reaction score
OMG

That’s what we listen to every time my Sister in Law rings us up in the UK from where she lives in Perth, she and her family have ben their for neigh on 50 years and have gone well native.

We do get some cr4p Ozzie beer over here and their adds features a couple of drongoes

Reaction score
Cool ad Col! Very funny.

Unfortunately I have to break it to you that:

"Drongoes" went out of fashion around about 1975 I reckon, and even more shockingly...

"Fosters" is a myth. No one drinks that in Australia, in fact I wouldn't even know where to get it. The brand is owned by a multinational beverage company based out of Belgium.

So you can call it "cr4p" if you like (I wouldn't know), but it ain't Aussie.

Reaction score
Cowboy

Over here Fosters is marketed as Aussie but brewed somewhere in the Eu using second hand product, it tastes pretty bad.

Mind you the Yankee brews Coors and Bud are also brewed here under license but unlike the USA brewed gnats pee, the EU brewed is just about palitable if there is no alternative.

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
I'm partial to Lowenbrau, Beck's, Stella Artois and Kronenberg myself.

The German beers they brew for export aren't subject to the German Purity Laws however So that's why the Stella and the Kronenberg are pretty much just as good. :p

Gary ;)

Reaction score
Gary

Germany has great beer we have drunk many a bottle in that strange land.

I do not intend to insult any German residents or those born or descended from there but any Country that has wall to wall sausages and the delicacy is a cooked until its black lower jawbone of a pig is a wee bit odd.

BTW, Stella is Belgian and Kronenberg is French but the company is owned by Carlsberg. Kronenberg use the great Eric Cantona (footballer of Man Utd fame, famous for his drop kick of a spectator) in their advertisements.

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Kornenberg is technically Alsatian and therefore was a part of German Alsace Lorraine until after WWI :p Technically it's still a good beer brewed to German Purity Standards. :)

And Stella which I know is Belgian also happens to be a cracking good beer.

But don't forget that Germany is also the country that gave you Black Forest Cake and Wienerschnitzel and Sauerbraten.

Try a few of these delicacies before you badmouth the Fatherland :D :D :D

Then again Great Britain is responsible for such poisonous concoctions as Blood Pudding and Haggis... :p

Pot... Kettle... Black...

Gary ;) :D :D :D

Reaction score
Gary

Black Forest yep that’s a goodie.

All the German sausages we have had have all been a bit bland and they are no match at all for the Cumberland Sausage, the King of the genre.

We even have one of the best sausage shops in the World a 1/2 hour away, it also has an appropriate name.

http://www.cowmans.co.uk/

One point to correct you on, Haggis it’s decidedly a Scottish thing, but any nation that deep fries everything (look up deep fried Mars bars) yet produces the finest Whisky is decidedly odd.

Black Pud, now you are taking Lancashire Truffles but they have to be from Bury Market, not genuine Black Puds if they are not. A full English Breakfast is not a full English if it does not have Black Pub.

Morecambe Bay Potted Shrimps, I’m salivating just thinking of them.

Must be time for dinner.

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Dunno man. With British cooking everything is boiled and tasteless and the only spices you have in your cuisine are imported from India.

As for German sausages? There's actually a wide variety of sausages from Wienerwurst to various types of Bratwursts and I doubt you've tried them all including some seriously spicy varieties.

British Bangers and Mash are nothing to write home about either.

As for Wienershcnitzel? It's a paper thin veal cutlet breaded and fried to perfection served with either one of many varieties of delicious potato salad or else Bratkartoffel (Home Fried Potatoes) and if served in the proper Vienna style then with a fried egg on top.

Absolutely mouth watering.

It's pointless to badmouth a country based on its cuisine and my personal tastes range from Mexican to Greek to French to Spanish to Hungarian to Thai to Cantonese and I'm willing to try almost anything at least once but I have zero affinity for curries. To me they all taste like toe jam. :D :D :D

Gary ;)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
matiSon

Latest Threads