Jack to dual jack

Reaction score
Hi all

I’ve been trying to find ways to make my set up and pack down quicker and easier. A recent option was to go from two TS cables into two channels to a dual jack (both TS) to a single TRS jack splitter like this: https://www.gak.co.uk/en/roland-rcc...ble-5ft-1-5m/941687?gclsrc=aw.ds&gad_source=1

The idea being one cable per keyboard, one channel per keyboard but still getting the stereo signal. In theory this was a great idea but the sound quality coming through is significantly worse - just not as full and lush. Almost like I’m just getting the moon signal which shouldn’t be the case.

Any ideas why this might be?

It’s not EQ or anything like that.

Reaction score
I just figured out the answer to my question but I’ll leave it here for others incase useful. I feel like an idiot, but just realised the line in on a mixer only accepts a mono signal.

I have run the same cable into my DI which accepts a stereo signal and the problem was solved.

Ask a Question