Keeping Motivated Whilst Learning

Reaction score
Got my Fingers all sorted and trying to get at least an hour a day at the Keyboard. Sometimes especially doing repetitive things like Scales it does get a bit mind numbing. How do you keep motivated when learning, i have a reminder on my PC telling me it's time to practice and when it goes off i am like not yet surely. I try to practise between 1pm and 2pm and read that having such a practising routine is better than say just practising 5 hours on a Saturday, which i do get. I have the determination to learn but sometimes it's the motivation that i am lacking. I am also using Flowkey to learn as it came free with the P45. I would like to just shuffle things about to get some variation, but don't know enough things to shuffle and maybe that will come further down the line.

Reaction score
I am reviewing an App that I have just sort of bought, it is called xMure and it is an App that was developed for Dexibel who make excellent DP’s.

Its an Arranger app, connect up as usual start up the App, select instrument mode, set the P45 in split mode and press a chord with your left hand.

Select a Style such as 70’s pop and press Sync, play a chord and you have backing.

Or you can just play a drum track.

It can add some variation to your practice.

Basic app is free but there are a couple of add ons to buy then each Style costs but for a total of c£20 you can be set up quite nicely for some backing and variations.

Search xMure on Youtube for plenty of tutorials and demos

Reaction score
Thanks @Biggles Just wanting something to break up the monotony of scales, i am still enjoying learning a lot and this xMure might be just the ticket. Will have a look through you tube and see what's what. Thanks Again.

Ask a Question