Keyboard for Metal Band

Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm looking to get a keyboard and would appreciate some help from someone pointing me in the right direction. I've been playing guitar for 12 years and have been dabbling around with a cheap keyboard for the last 2. I'm currently in a power metal band. We play stuff like Stratovarius, Rhapsody of Fire, Yngwie Malmsteen, Edguy, Helloween, Gamma Ray, Angra, and Sonata Arctica.

For right now, the keyboard I'm looking for will be mainly for recording, but since keyboard players are so hard to find for Power Metal in the Dallas/Ft Wort area, I may end up switching over to it full time. I'm looking for something that has weighted keys in the $500 to $1000 price range. Let me know if you have any suggestions that would fit our style of music. Thanks!

-Hendricks

Reaction score
if i were playing strictly in a metal band, i wouldnt want something with weighted keys at all....i would go the keytar route and hook into a used synth mod from ebay. like a used ax-7 hooked into an xv-5080. non-weighted keys are gonna give you the action you want to have shredding metal solos on keytar. a total novelty, but if you can pull it off...badass.

Ask a Question