Keyboard Player Wanted Ads

Reaction score
Hi, my semi pro band based Surrey, UK writes its own material (prog-rock) but we really struggle to secure a decent keys player to join us despite using the usual Wanted Ad pages in the regular band and muso players websites. I can get any number of wizard guitarists but for piano/keys there is clearly a shortage of decent players. We've had to resort using session players to record synth solos and general keys chord work and then trigger those recording using them as backing tracks when rehearsing or playing live.
Is our experience common or are we just unlucky? I've always thought playing covers was the least musical satisfying thing to do when compared to writing and arranging original material but have i got that all wrong?
All thoughts and suggestions most welcome.

Reaction score
We are a rare breed, pro rata anyway .

Just have to keep looking or settle for someone who's decent but commited to learning the songs.

Reaction score
Good keyboard players are indeed a little trickier to find than bassists/guitarists/drummers. And they’re invariably busy (if they want to be).

My suggestion (in addition to what you’ve already done) is to keep building your networks. Most keys players I know secure their gigs through personal invitation.

Reaction score
Hi, my semi pro band based Surrey, UK writes its own material (prog-rock) but we really struggle to secure a decent keys player to join us despite using the usual Wanted Ad pages in the regular band and muso players websites. I can get any number of wizard guitarists but for piano/keys there is clearly a shortage of decent players. We've had to resort using session players to record synth solos and general keys chord work and then trigger those recording using them as backing tracks when rehearsing or playing live.
Is our experience common or are we just unlucky? I've always thought playing covers was the least musical satisfying thing to do when compared to writing and arranging original material but have i got that all wrong?
All thoughts and suggestions most welcome.
Hi. I'm a keyboard player well seasoned playing for a long time. It is the same here in the U.S. keyboard players are in high demand. I've been playing cover material most of my life and now I'm interested in original material with a band but it's very hard to come by here in my area I wish you luck

Ask a Question