Korg Pa800 custom-made styles/sound issue/Ram possibly idk...

Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

I was just wondering if anyone knows why I hear some weird/funny/somewhat distored sounds in the background coming out of some of my styles/beats that are custom-made on my Korg pa800? I just recently changed one of the CPU/Circuit boards [KIP-2100-5] on it and I still get these weird/bad/funny sounds/voices in the background of a beat/style!...I know the technician that I took my keyboard to told me that the keyboard did pass the diagnostics test...so the RAM, Motherboard, OS are all fine and I have the latest OS version on it and there is no virus in the keyboard either! But I still think it might a bad RAM, my RAM is going just south again, but I had a recently replaced within the last couple of years. So I'm not sure...Is the style(s) going bad or has/have missing pieces to it and needs to be loaded into the keyboard again? Or am I missing certain patches/pads to it that I need load up? Or the set that it came from it's not compatible with the newest version of the OS that I have installed in it? You know the same its not happening with the preset styles in the keyboard..it is just some of the custom-made middle-eastern styles/beats! Anything rings a bell with anyone on this that you could help and direct me to so I could fix it because I can't play these styles/beats like that live @ any gigs/shows/weddings, etc. and I really need those custom-made styles...Any responses are very very much appreciated!

Musically yours,
nbkmelodies--Noel B.

Reaction score
The latest OS is 2.03 dated 2015.

I may be completely wrong but your problem sounds like the Styles have been created on a different model or OS and your 800 has made a guess at what resources to use within the Styles concerned.

I would suggest you copy a problem Style to one of the User Bsnk locations then go through it but by bit changing the Keyboard Sets, fills, Vars etc until you find what is causing the problem.

Typically in a Pa when the OS is updated the User Resources have to be loaded again so it may also be the issue that your Save All file has not been loaded.

I am presuming that the 800 does share the processes that the 700/1000 & 4X currently use.

Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

I was just wondering if anyone knows why I hear some weird/funny/somewhat distored sounds in the background coming out of some of my styles/beats that are custom-made on my Korg pa800? I just recently changed one of the CPU/Circuit boards [KIP-2100-5] on it and I still get these weird/bad/funny sounds/voices in the background of a beat/style!...I know the technician that I took my keyboard to told me that the keyboard did pass the diagnostics test...so the RAM, Motherboard, OS are all fine and I have the latest OS version on it and there is no virus in the keyboard either! But I still think it might a bad RAM, my RAM is going just south again, but I had a recently replaced within the last couple of years. So I'm not sure...Is the style(s) going bad or has/have missing pieces to it and needs to be loaded into the keyboard again? Or am I missing certain patches/pads to it that I need load up? Or the set that it came from it's not compatible with the newest version of the OS that I have installed in it? You know the same its not happening with the preset styles in the keyboard..it is just some of the custom-made middle-eastern styles/beats! Anything rings a bell with anyone on this that you could help and direct me to so I could fix it because I can't play these styles/beats like that live @ any gigs/shows/weddings, etc. and I really need those custom-made styles...Any responses are very very much appreciated!

Musically yours,
nbkmelodies--Noel B.
Hi,
Did you solved the problem? If yes, please tell me how you did it? I have the same problem and don't know how to solve this.

Ask a Question