Midi connections for a keytar

Reaction score
Hey there. After trolling e-bay for a few months, I finally bought a Roland AX-1. Now I'm trying to get it integrated into my live set up. Up until now, I've used a Korg Triton and a Korg SG proX. So all I do is plug the SG's out into the Triton's in, and then only take sound from the triton. But with a third board, I've got problems. How can I get both the AX-1 and the SG to communicate midi information to the Triton? I don't want to have to be fiddling with cables between songs, but I haven't found a way of doing this yet.

The SG has a midi in, 4 outs, and a thru. The Triton has an in, out and thru, and the AX just has an out. I just want the Triton making sound, and the other two boards being controllers. Any clues?

Reaction score
The AX only has an out because its assumed that the AX will control other equipment....you gotta come out of the AX and IN to the triton....THRU the triton to the IN of the sg....or you could go out to in and out to in again...depending on how your wanting everything to react....midi thru is a mirror image of midi in so keep that in mind, when your deciding how you wanna hook it up....

Reaction score
The trouble is, I want both the AX and the SG to send midi signals to the Triton. The triton is the only board who's sounds I'm using. But it only has one midi in. And thus far, plugging the Ax into the SG's in doesn't help. If I do that, and go from the out of the SG to the in of the Triton, I just get messages from the SG. If I go from the thru of the SG to the in of the Triton, I get only AX messages. I'm trying to find a way for both boards to send messages to the one.

Ask a Question